Morning readers,
Why is it that, as soon as the weather warms up ... I want to make Christmas cards? There's simply no logic, is there?!?!?
I've a make to share with you today .... yes, it's a CHRISTMAS card but, in my defence, I got new stash for my recent birthday so ..... had to get inked - didn't it? These cows are, IMHO, fabulous and I suspect it won't be long before I find that I have inked them all!
Why is it that, as soon as the weather warms up ... I want to make Christmas cards? There's simply no logic, is there?!?!?
I've a make to share with you today .... yes, it's a CHRISTMAS card but, in my defence, I got new stash for my recent birthday so ..... had to get inked - didn't it? These cows are, IMHO, fabulous and I suspect it won't be long before I find that I have inked them all!
![]() |
| My card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the colouring/sparkle and shine |
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of 240gsm Paper Mill intense red card, cut to mat
- Paper Artsy image and sentiment (from Birthday stash ZA51) stamped using Versafine nocturne and tulip red inks
- Various Pro Markers and fineline sharpies used to colour image
- Stardust stickles and Anita's dimensional gloss to finish off my project
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
And here's a card I made to "CASE" a card sent to me by the talented Lauren Hatwell, she doesn't blog much these days but check out her awesome talent here. I had some of the images she used on my card (given me by another talented pal, Sarn) and to such great effect ... so, this is my humble homage .....
- NBUS - challenge No. 14 - USE NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff)
- Crafty Hazelnuts - challenge No. 491 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Crafting Happiness - challenge No. 50 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) RED
- Christmas With The Cuties - challenge No. 38 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) USE RIBBONS AND BOWS
- The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 72 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

And here's a card I made to "CASE" a card sent to me by the talented Lauren Hatwell, she doesn't blog much these days but check out her awesome talent here. I had some of the images she used on my card (given me by another talented pal, Sarn) and to such great effect ... so, this is my humble homage .....
Materials used:
- Orange C6/A2, 300gsm card and matching envelope
- Two white card panels cut to fit
- One black card panel, cut to mat
- Stamps used: Carabelle SA60118, Studiolight SL340, TCP S.5845.CL and Recollections "monsters", fussy cut out once coloured and run through my Xyron sticker maker to apply edhasive
- Inks used: Versafine Clair nocturne and Memento tangelo
- Colouring Medium: Marvy le plume and copic alcohol markers
Naturally, I won't be entering this for any challenges since it's not my own original but .... here's Lauren's inspirational original









8 comments:
Two great makes Kathy and te stamp sure is different,
Take care and stay safe,
Lilian
Amusing festive make . . . and amusing monster make. Both terrific and quirky.
Happy Midweek.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Great card,thanks for joining us @ CWTC. X
I love your quirky cow and a fun set of stamps to be gifted, and then your CASEing of Lauren's pretty card a different quirky character though, and love the stencilling behind it and the other two elements which are the same, but the whole feel of the card is different with your own elements, i.e. red card and peachy coloured stencilling. Great makes! x
Lovely! and a very happy belated birthday xx
When I saw those cows on your birthday post, Kathy, I couldn't wait to see you make cards with them! They are hysterical and I love your card! I also love your excellent CASE of Lauren's card! I hope you are still keeping well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! So glad to hear my card did arrive! Hugs, Darnell
I agree - that cow image is fabulous. A cow for Christmas cards? Who would have thought it would look so good? Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT
Hhahah, the cow image is priceless and the sentiment, hahah! Well done, and love the touch of bling. So glad you joined is at Christmas with the Cuties!
Post a Comment