Morning readers,
Well, where DID August go? Was it a good month for you? Hope you are all enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend ..... by the time I post again, it will be September! Best get a wiggle on with the Christmas cards and tags and think about gifts I plan to buy and who I plan to buy for! Too early? Not sure, seems to take longer to think of ideas for people as you get older ... what DO you get for the people who've got everything?
I've a make to share with you today .......
I've a make to share with you today .......
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in white, textured mid blue and dark blue
- Using a makeup brush I applied Memento Bahama blue lightly over the entire panel of white
- I stamped my main Woodware image (from FRS834 - "Marks" - NBUS) using Memento gray flannel ink and the dotty edge image (from the same NBUS set) using Memento Paris dusk
- Woodware sentiment (from JGCL560) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink
- Woodware floral image (from the FRS834 set but not NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 29 - USE NBUS
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- The House That Stamps Built - challenge No. 2521 - ANYTHING GOES
- Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 164 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for another card ....... A ONE LAYER CARD - these used to fill me with dread and sometimes .... they still do!
![]() |
| My 6" square ONE LAYER CARD and, below: The front/back/inside of my card and front/back of my envelope |
Materials used:
- White, 300gsm, 6" square card and matching envelope
- One piece of white card, cut to fit, as my insert
- Lost Coast "spotty" border image stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Woodware sentiment (from JGCL560) stamped using Versafine Clair paradise ink
- A combination of neon and glitter pens used to colour (from Wink of Stella, Kaisercraft and WH Smith)
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 450 - SPOTS (a ONE LAYER CARD)
- HLS - August CAS challenge - OFF THE EDGE
- AAA Cards - challenge No. 197 - ONE INCH STRIP .... I HOPE this counts, the strip is only 1" wide but it's wavy
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 574 - ALL OCCASIONS
- Allsorts - challenge No. 639 - CAS (Clean And Simple)



I discovered that I was an "Honorable Mention" over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week, for their challenge No.2134, thanks so much peeps, it's really appreciated.










13 comments:
LOVE that ATC - so cool and grungy.
Super funky OLC too. Top marks.
Happy bank holiday Monday xxx
A beautiful ATC Kathy and love the black matted on to blue, and the Woodware flower and large sentiment sit so prettily, and lots of interest in the background too The card looks great with that wavy dotty image which you have colourd in lots of pretty colours and it looks so different stamped down the side of this OLC. Congrats for your shout out over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies with your beautiful bubble flower, so well deserved. x
Nicely done, I like flowers and the second card is pretty too, and so happy you played our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Leanne DT/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge
Such wonderful creations, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
Two very elegant creations, many thanks for joining our CAS theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
B x
Fab CAS creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Super curvy strip, looks amazing! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Fab OLC for the LIM Challenge Kathy !
Two simple and striking cards! I really like the first; the black and white is so eye-catching! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
Hi Kathy a wonderful ATC, love the grungy background and the flower stamp you have used. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF
You do one layer so well! Thanks for playing along at Less is More.
A fabulous one layer, Kathy! Great use of that stamp. OLCs don't fill me with dread anymore, they are usually my favourites! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More and Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x
Lovely card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa
Post a Comment