Monday, 2 August 2021

Monday and we're off on another week ...

Morning readers, 

Here's hoping this morning has found you all well, hope you enjoyed your weekend. My hubby was at an all day event yesterday so, after my morning constitutional, my day was my own .... a good book, a little crafting and snorkers (left for me by hubby - he took the rest of the pack to the BBQ event) for lunch - perfick!

I've a make to share with you today ....... I got this adorable hippo set of stamps and couldn't wait to play .... it gave me the chance to use one of my "wobbler" mechanisms too!

My C6 card
The front/back/inside of my C6 card and the front/back of my envelope

This shows the wobbler mechanism
And this shows the colouring

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • White card, cut to fit, for my image panel and insert
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Distress Oxide in kitsch flamingo through my Clearly Besotted "brush strokes" stencil before overlaying my That's Crafty bubbles stencil (TC005) and adding Distress Oxide candied apple ink
  • On a snippet of white card I stamped my Clearly Besotted hippo (from Twinkle Toes - NBUS) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour the image which, once completely coloured, I fussy cut out, attaching to my card using an MFT wobbler mechanism (so my hippo can "dance like no-one's watching!!!)
  • Clearly Besotted sentiment (from Twinkle Toes) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink and MFT birthday greeting (from BB-21 Birthday Bears) stamped using Distress Oxide in black soot

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:- 
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 29 - USE NBUS
  2. Scrapping4Fun - challenge No. 197 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  3. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 690 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Pearly Sparkles - challenge No. 65 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 163 - ANYTHING GOES


Whilst I had the stamps on acrylic blocks .... I thought I would make an Artist Trading Card too, that hippo is just too cute not to make the most of .....

My Artist Trading Card - measuring 3½"x2½"

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in white and red, cut to fit and mat
  • Clearly Besotted image and sentiment (both from "Twinkle Toes" - my NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my image
  • Using a makeup brush and Memento ladybug ink I added colour through my two stencils:- That's Crafty TC005 (for the background) and Clearly Besotted "Brush strokes" (for the Grounding)

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 30 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  2. CardzTV - challenge No. 146 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Polkadoodles - challenge No. 31 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 280 - ANYTHING GOES + a sentiment
  5. Creatalicious - challenge No. 216 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) ANIMALS
Because hubby was up and out yesterday, my walk was earlier than usual and I caught this pic, doesn't really do it justice but it was only taken with my phone!


8 comments:

Sarn said...

I see you are making good use of that new stencil and your cute hippo’s. Great idea to use the wobbler mechanism on a dancing image.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Roberta Cercato said...

Hello!
your project is really very nice!
Thank you for taking part in the Scrapping4FunChallenge challenge.
Hope to see you again!
Roberta DT Scrapping4funChallenge

Darnell said...

I mean, how could you not make that adorable hippo even more adorable by turning her into a wobbling dancing hippo?!! Well done, Kathy, from your card to your ATC and a great sky photo, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

K M Meena Herale said...

Cute card, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time. 


Hugs 

Meena S4F DT

Nunzia Carusio said...

Great use of stencil for your projects.
This hippo image is so cute and adorable.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Polkadoodles.
×
Nunzia

ClaireB said...

Wonderfully cute card, great matching insert and envelope too. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month, good luck with your entry Claire DT

Helen said...

Love it! Such a cute card.

Thanks for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge.

Helen x

Larelyn said...

Adorable image and I love that stencil! Thank you for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.