Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... at the weekend, I met up with some friends (at a craft shop) - after a little retail therapy, a good natter and a tasty lunch it was home to play with said stash. Have to say that it felt SOOOO very good to be able to use every image from a new stamp set right off the bat! There were three images on the set, a wreath, a sentiment and a kind of "bough" arrangement which I see could be useful for MANY different types of cards ... I used it on the insert for the card below. Even the ink (Distress Oxide lucky clover) was NEW too - YAY! Since today is the 25th and designated as Rudolph Day then I was happy it was a Christmas set I bought!!!
I've a make to share with you today ....... at the weekend, I met up with some friends (at a craft shop) - after a little retail therapy, a good natter and a tasty lunch it was home to play with said stash. Have to say that it felt SOOOO very good to be able to use every image from a new stamp set right off the bat! There were three images on the set, a wreath, a sentiment and a kind of "bough" arrangement which I see could be useful for MANY different types of cards ... I used it on the insert for the card below. Even the ink (Distress Oxide lucky clover) was NEW too - YAY! Since today is the 25th and designated as Rudolph Day then I was happy it was a Christmas set I bought!!!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 5½" square card and matching envelope
- White card, cut to fit for the image panel and insert
- Paper Mill "Christmas red" card, cut to mat
- Woodware stamp set (JGS468 "Berry Wreath" - NBUS) stamped using Distress Oxide (also NBUS) in lucky clover
- Crystal stickles to random parts of the wreath - to add some bling!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 29 - USE NBUS
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 556 - ANYTHING GOES
- CAS Christmas - August challenge - DECORATIONS (well, a wreath IS a traditional decoration - isn't it?)
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Moments - challenge No. 221 - ANYTHING GOES
Still walking daily ..... saw this on one walk this week .... any idea what this butterfly is called? It's certainly very striking .... An update from the lovely Sarn .... it is apparently a Jersey Tiger Moth and quite rare in the UK, if you're interested then check it out here, and my thanks to Sarn for the information.








6 comments:
It’s a Jersey Tiger Moth apparently! Fairly rare.
Love the festive wreath card made with your new materials. Happy Rudolph Day!
What a beautiful Festive wreath and love how you also decorated the envelope. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥
Lucky Clover is a really pretty colour to use for this Woodware wreath and goes beautifully with the red mat and red stamped sentiment. I did mine with a coule of different colours using the Misti, but it looks equally great in this one pretty colour Kathy and as you say is very versatile. x
Sorry forgot to say what a beautiful moth you took a photo of and not one I have seen before..the markings are gorgeous. x
Great finds at your craft store Kath, it's a gorgeous wreath, that's a luscious green colour too, thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x
Beautiful wreath card Kathy! So awesome you were able to use all the stamps from your new set, and the new ink! Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friends. So great to see you playing along with us at CAS Christmas!
xx
Post a Comment