Wednesday, 4 August 2021

Wednesday again, we're positively galloping towards the weekend!

Morning readers, 

For my first make today .... I thought I'd make a floral card as it's been a while but I chose to use elements that were far from floral ... check out the results, hope you like it. Interestingly enough, it's my first card in a while that uses NO BLACK INK either (though the purple shade I used does look black in my photo! I finished and assembled my card before thinking that it needed something ..... I decided that the "something" missing was colour so I watercoloured my image panel once I'd adhered it to my card (the eagle eyed amongst you might even spot that it wasn't even coloured in the card and envelope photo!) which might have been a little risky - think I got away with it though! At least I didn't ruin it all by dropping the paintbrush!!!!

My C6 water coloured card and, below:
The front/back/inside of my card and front/back of my envelope


Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • White card, cut to fit, for my image panel and insert
  • Floral image (a Crafty Stamper free image circa 2015) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink .... I also stamped this on to a full coverage post-it which I fussy cut out, to use as a mask
  • With my mask in place I stamped the Clearly Besotted "stem" (from "Brush it off") using Versafine Clair monarch ink
  • With the mask still in place I overlaid the Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.129) before lightly applying Adirondack purple twilight ink
  • Paper Artsy sentiment (from HPXT03) stamped using Versafine Clair monarch ink
  • Derwent Inktense blocks used to watercolour my flower


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. HLS - August watercolour challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 280 - ANYTHING GOES + a sentiment
  3. Love To Craft Challenge Blog - challenge No. 61 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Global Design Project - challenge No. 303 - FLOWER POWER
  5. CASology - challenge No. 304 - MASK

I've a make to share with you today ....... 
an Artist Trading Card ....

My ATC measuring 3½"x2½"

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in navy and white
  • Clearly besotted hippos stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink and sentiment (from the same set .. "twinkle toes") stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Memento tangelo ink lightly over the white panel, trying to avoid the stamped image
  • Using my Aall & Create stencil (#28) I applied more of the tangelo ink, trying to avoid the stamped hippos
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my images
  • Anita's dimensional gloss used on the "tutus" and faux crystal gems, to bling up my ATC

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 570 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 501 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Pearly Sparkles - challenge No. 65 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Animals - challenge No. 53 - ANYTHING (featuring an animal) GOES .. although I DID inadvertantly insert a pic of the floral card - sorry peeps.
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - August 3rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
Starting to look a little like autumn some mornings, whilst I'm out walking, with mist and dew!


That said, I looked out of my window this morning ..... so it CAN'T be THAT murky today!




9 comments:

Sarn said...

Loving the CAS floral card.


The hippo in a tutu is tu(!) funny. Sweet!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

sandie said...

Love the purple card-gorgeous soft background and the water colouring worked out just perfect-I do like the font of the text and super to see you at CASology-sunny in London today too!

Leanne said...

Such a fun pretty looking CAS and I like flowers, so beautiful.

Thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.

Leanne DT/KCC

Pat said...

A beautiful flower and love the look of the added stem and background stencilling Kathy, and then the ATC with the cute ballet dancing hippos and the fabulous fun sentiment and more great stencilling in the background. It isn't the Balloon Fiesta is it? x

Lisa J said...

Hi Kathy. Saw your comment at Crafty Animals and have changed your photo for you. Thanks for playing along with us. Lisa DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous floral creation, love the soft stencil work as well

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Happy Little Stampers Water Colour' this month
Hugs Shell xx

ClaireB said...

Cute dancing hippos card. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month, good luck with your entry Claire DT

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous water-coloured flower on a lovely subtle stencilled background! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Water-colour Challenge:)

Larelyn said...

Your card is really tutu sweet. Thank you for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.