Wednesday, 18 August 2021

Wednesday once more, it will soon be the weekend!

Morning readers, 

How's your week coming along? Monday evening saw us out to dinner with a friend, for a great curry at our fave restaurant. Tuesday morning dawned good and wet so I changed things about a bit - I normally take a walk then craft but decided to go the other way round - in the hope the rain would let up! It kind of worked because I managed my three miler without getting wet but .. it was NOT a good weather day! Nor did I get to spend a great deal of time at the ToC (Table of Craftiness) but I DID fill my car with fuel (first time since 2019 though I have popped £5 worth in a couple of times) AND bought some C6 card blanks from The Range whilst I was in the vicinity - is it my imagination people, or does The Range seem to have almost stopped selling stamps (clear or wood mounted)?

I've a make to share with you today ....... the fruits of my crafting!

My C6 card and, below: the front/back inside of my card
and the front/back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • White card, cut to fit, for my image panel and insert
  • Using a makeup brush and a TCW stencil (176s) I applied Memento dandelion and tangelo inks until I was happy with the colour
  • TCP sentiment (S.5845.CL) and Penny Black image ("A cluster" - 3124F) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. International Art & Soul - challenge No. 115 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  2. Creative Crafters - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. A Bit More Time To Craft - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. HLS - August Stencil challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 152 - ANYTHING GOES

I was showCASed over at Simply Less is More, for my entry in their ShowCASe the card challenge (#448), thank you so much peeps, I'm honoured.

The last two weeks have been Balloon fortnight around here ........ we were sitting at the home of some friends, at the weekend (enjoying the sunshine), when a whole load of them went overhead ... I only had my phone with me but these are the best of the pix, followed by a GLORIOUS sunset! 








5 comments:

Lori Podolsky said...

Such a lovely and cheerful card, Kathy, and I just love your balloon photos. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori (DT)

Sarn said...

That’s a lovely cheerful card to send someone.

Congrats on your LIM recognition too.

Great balloon photo’s, but I’m blown away by that gorgeous sunset.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

It is a brilliant get well card Kathy and I love the colours and the pretty flowery stencil in the background with the great silhouette leaves over the top. Congrats on being ShowCased for the LIM challenge Kathy with your pretty Iris, and great photos of the balloons. I know that they normally have a weekend of flights, but a wonderful idea to have them taking off from different places around the city over two weeks to prevent crowds gathering, and it's a fantastic sight to see lots in the air together...a super sunset pic too. x

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. I love working with flowers. Thanks for sharing on International Art & Soul. Maggie, DT

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab creation, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Creative Crafters Challenge and wish you good luck with your entry. We hope that you will join us again next month!
Hugs Donna (DT)
xx