Monday, 8 August 2022

Monday and another week is off and running ...

Morning readers,

I do hope you all enjoyed your weekend and that you all saw sunshine. We did, although it was quite blowy too, which made sitting out and enjoying the sunshine impossible. Sunday was far better than Saturday for that though and we tried to make up for lost sunshine! 

I've a make to share with you today ....... after batch making four anniversary cards AND making a few individually, I'm HOPING I should have enough to keep me going for a while now. This card was inspired by a tutorial from the 2022 Card Maker Success Summit ... OK, so it was Christmas themed but the first video I watched adapted easily to the card below!

My C6 card

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and red + a scrap of paper , cut to the same size as my card front then nesting circle die used to cut my aperture thus making a mash
  • With the mask in place and using makeup brushes, I applied Memento ladybug and Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia inks - in stripes
  • With the mask still in place I overlaid my cascading hearts stencil (manufacturer unknown) before adding another layer of the pink and red inks
  • WOW! heart image (from Stamp set #40 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
  • Clearly Besotted sentiment (from Brushed sentiments) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist inks - on to the reverse and inside of my card and the front and back of my envelope
  • Cut and Make "love" die (more NBUS) used to cut my sentiment from the card front, revealing my red matting layer behind
  • Crystal stickles to bling up the focal heart

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. HLS - August STENCIL challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. NBUS - challenge No. 41 - USE NBUS
  3. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 435 - ANYTHING GOES with DIES CUTS AND STENCILS
  4. Little Red Wagon - challenge No. 665 - MAKE IT WITH CIRCLES
  5. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And now for an Artist Trading Card ......

My ATC, measuring just 3½" x 2½"

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of left over card in both white and grey
  • Using a makeup brush and Ranger Archival deep purple ink I applied a light layer of colour before overlaying my Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.129) and applying a further layer of the deep purple
  • Hero Arts foliage image (from CL477 "delicate leaf clusters") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment (from "Playful expresions") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink .... I decided that the "open" appearance of the sentiment meant it got a little "lost" against the stencilled background so, taking a fine Pitt pen I filled in some of the openness - I think it worked, I hope you agree
  • Rymans glitter gel pens to bling up the flourish beneath the sentiment


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 236 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 197 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Inspirations - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. MAWTT - challenge No. 145 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 434 - USE SNIPPETS

And now for a card ... I haven't posted three makes on my blog in a while but ... I went with a colour challenge without first checking how long it the challenge would remain open! DOH! I also got to use my MISTI one of those gadgets I don't use very often but find VERY useful when I do!

My C6 card

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and turquoise, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Paper Smooches sentiment (from A1S096 "Simply Said") stamped using Versafine Clair warm breeze ink
  • It grieves me to admit this but I bought this set (in 2020) from Amazon and it was only AFTER I'd bought it that a friend said it was a knock off of a set from Altenew - I liked it so put the genuine set on my "wish list" but, as yet, no-one has bought it for me - sorry Altenew. Anyhoo, I stamped two images from this set using Versafine Clair charming pink and Memento tangelo inks

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. TGIF Challenges - challenge No. 380 - COLOUR CHALLENGE - see below
  2. Allsorts - challenge No. 688 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 527 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 623 - STAMP ACT
  5. Paper Funday - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FRIENDSHIP



14 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful card and the sentiment is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Pauline C said...

3 brilliant makes Kathy, love the VAS appearance of your 2 cards, and the great inky background and sentiment on your ATC .. lovely 😀
Pauline xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely clean and simple design, thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful projects and beautifully designed! Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts and my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Sarn said...

Two gorgeous cards for different occasions and a wonderful ATC. LOVE everything on this post.

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground. Thanks for coming to play. Hope you enjoy a cocktail or two in the Treehouse Bar later! xxx

Liz said...

Two beautifully designed cards, Kathy. I’m always amazed by your fabulous ATCs and this one is no exception. Thank you for sharing your lovely card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Di said...

Wonderful selection Kathy - and I adore your Snippets ATC! Very 'cool'.

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

The pink and red look so pretty together Kathy, and I love the added sparkle on the heart and all the little hearts stencilled in the masked circle background. The ATC has some beautiful silhouette leaves and love the wonderful sentiment and all over a pretty purple stencilled background, and a really clever design for your third with the ever decreasing dots geometric stamps which form a border beneath which you have put the large sentiment which goes brilliantly. You have obviously been very busy making lots of cards in the last few days. x

Brenda said...

All your cards are lovely, Kathy. I do love that you adapted a Christmas card to a love theme, it's so pretty and I love the shine. Thanks so much for joining us again at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
what very wonderful cards and such really fab designs also.
I love the colours used and the fab elements used to make these and of course you always finish them off perfectly with the inside and envelopes to match.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Pattie G said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs,
Pattie

coldwaters2 said...

Lovely CAS style creation thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Donna Walls said...

Great cards and an ATC Ms. Kathy! Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge