Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... it's been a while since the fab bird set (from Tim Holtz) got an outing and this jaunty version just evolved in to a Christmas card!
I've a make to share with you today ....... it's been a while since the fab bird set (from Tim Holtz) got an outing and this jaunty version just evolved in to a Christmas card!
![]() |
| And a closer view of the colouring |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white, sand and Christmas red, for my card front, insert and matting
- Inkylicious "wedge" (from "sunburst" - dating from 2013) stamped using Memento ladybug ink
- Using a stamp and die (from Tim Holtz 23663) inked using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Copic markers used to colour my image
- Anita's dimensional gloss (for the eyes)
- Paper Artsy sentiment (from JOFY17 - dating from 2016)
- To give some dimension to my crazy Christmas bird I added a clear dimensional pad to the centre of my bird and just regular glue around the outside of the image
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- HLS - August DIES challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Pearly Sparkles - challenge No. 76 - ANYTHING GOES
- Passion for Markers - challenge No. 654 - THINGS WITH WINGS
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 436 - MAKE YOUR MARK
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - CHRISTMAS
And now, would you believe it? It's time for ANOTHER Christmas card - this reindeer image is just TOO cute! I was introduced to this fab stamp set, at a crafting retreat hosted by Kylie, back in late 2017 and, by mid-Jan 2018, had added it to my collection!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, 3½" x 4⅞" card and matching envelope
- Card in white and gold pearl, for my card front, insert and matting
- Paper Artsy image (from ZA19) stamped using Memento rich cocoa ink and coloured using Copic markers
- Using a Versamarker embossing pen, I coloured the nose with embossing ink before sprinkling with WOW! super fine clear gloss embossing powder and heat setting ..... I often use dimensional gloss but that takes SO much longer to dry!
- Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen, to add a twinkle to his eyes!
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "Brushed sentiments") stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink (and on the insert Versafine Clair nocturne ink)
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Freshly Made Sketches - challenge No. 549 - SKETCH - see below
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 528 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Inspirations - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- The Holly and Ivy challenge - challenge No. 121 - ANYTHING GOES
- Christmas Kickstart - challenge No. 65 - NEVER FOUND IN A NATIVITY!
Yesterday was nice (cooler, yet still sunny and warm) so the hubs and I thought we'd take a bus ride in to the city and play tourist! We lunched at the local food truck haunt, followed by a bevy at a local craft brewery and then a wander around the harbour before taking the bus home once more ... if you've the time and inclination, pull up a chair and take a wander with me!






















16 comments:
Gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos
Brilliant card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos
Two great Christmas makes Kathy and I love the first with the cute TH bird and a great way of using the sunburst to ground the bird, and then the quirky reindeer with a nice shiny red nose, and the gold pearl card makes an excellent matted layer. Some wonderful photos of your fun in the city..the philly steak sandwich looks scrumptious and a refreshing beer too, and the harbour always makes a great place for a walk. x
Two super makes here!
Your TH bird with that brilliant grounding stamp works really well.
The louche reindeer always brings a smile to my face. Great card xxx
Such a fabulous card! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx
Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, I loved seeing your card and reading your post, Jo x
Fabulous TH bird festive card. Good idea turning him into a robin! LOVE that grounding stamp too (seems to be retired, darn it!).
The louche reindeer always brings a smile to my face. Great festive make.
(I thought I'd left a similar comment here yesterday, but I can't see it, so came back and did it again. Blogger is really playing up at the moment. Could've been operator error though!)
Really charming! Looks smashing! Thanks for playing with us over at PFM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
I adore that sweet reindeer face! Fabulous use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.
Such a pretty card! I love that little bird! Thanks for joining ATSM! Hugs Åsa
Great CAS card using that fun Tim Holtz bird image, Kathy...
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x
That little reindeer face just makes me smile! Perfect for the sketch too. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!
What a fantastic CAS card Kathy. The TH bird is awesome and always makes me smile. Great colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
Your cards are delightful! Glad you shared one at FMS!
What a great set of cards! Love that reindeer and it's big, red nose! So cute! Looks like you and your husband had a wonderful day out! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT
Post a Comment