Morning readers,
Hope you all enjoyed a decent weekend, how was the weather? Hubby was in the middle of cutting the grass on Friday afternoon when rain stopped play!! However, he was able to complete the exercise on Saturday .. and I got the washing done too so, we're calling that a result! I'm still having to use a stick but the intense pain is easing and I am able to do the exercises recommended by my physio which is making me CAUTIOUSLY optimistic! I was even able to make it to my ToC (Table of Craftiness) which was a bonus - first time in a week!
I've a make to share with you today ....... since today is designated as Rudolph Day, what else would I make but a Christmas card!!!
I've a make to share with you today ....... since today is designated as Rudolph Day, what else would I make but a Christmas card!!!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
- Card in white and glittered red (DCWV), for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of card in textured red (DCWV), white and black - for my panels
- DoCrafts snow flake embossing folder used to emboss the red panel and, once embossed, I lightly sanded - to reveal some of the white core
- Tim Holtz image (from THMM155) stamped using Memento rich cocoa and Distress Oxide rustic wilderness
- Woodware sentiment (FRS1019) stamped using Distress Oxide rustic wilderness and Versafine Clair morning mist inks
- Crystal stickles to add some bling
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Rudolph Day Challenges - March challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- ABC of Christmas - March 13th challenge - E, F and G - "EMBOSSING", "FAUX" or "GINGERBREAD"
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 59 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- The Holly and Ivy Challenge - challenge No. 159 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- Crafty Catz - challenge No. 668 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) USE AN EMBOSSING FOLDER





9 comments:
I really love the design of this card. The embossed strip is perfect to offset the pine sprig and sentiment. Happy Rudolph Day! xxx
A nice composition. I like this card very much. happy Rudolph Day. Kate P. x
So elegant I love what you do with the insert and envelopes too.
I love the red glitter card you have used and the pretty snowflake embossing folder Kathy, and the pinecone branch goes beautifully over the top and finished with a lovely stamped framed sentiment. Sorry to hear you are still in pain but that it is somewhat better, and hope that it continues to improve more quickly. x
Love this Kathy, and hope you’re pain free soon xxx
Super card Kathy! Do hope you can stop hobbling soon!
Beautifully elegant and I love your matching envelope.
Thanks for sharing your card at The Rudolph Days Challenge.
Helen x
Love the way you have inked your pinecone branch Kathy, gives it a really soft and pretty look.
Pauline xx
What a lovely festive card, Kathy and I love the texture in the embossed strip. The pine branch is so delicate and pretty. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Post a Comment