Morning readers,
If you visited my blog on Monday then you will, no doubt, have gasped at my order of some white card which, apparently, weighed in at 16kg!!! It arrived on time and I ripped open the packaging to find ... exactly as ordered, eight packs of 100 sheets of 300gsm white card, four packs of smooth and four packs of silky smooth. There was condensation on the cello packaging so I removed the packs from the seemingly refrigerated (?!!!) box and let it all warm up before preparing to play. I thought I would open a pack of each and colour an image .... I picked a jolly Santa character and laid out the alcohol markers I thought I would use, for comparison purposes I wanted to use the same colours. I have to be honest that I was slightly surprised by the difference in results on the smooth vs the silky smooth - the bleed through to the back was much more pronounced on the silky smooth as was the colour leaching outside my colouring lines, frankly, I thought it would be more likely the other way around. However, in my defence, I DO NOT colour with alcohol markers that often these days so my blending may not be the best (lack of practice!) but I'm reasonably confident I did not actually COLOUR outside of the lines!! I've added the pix below
![]() |
| Silky smooth on the left and regular smooth on the right |
![]() |
| The reverse of the smooth |
![]() |
| The reverse of the silky smooth |
I've a make to share with you today ....... using the coloured image experiments above
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and red (Lime Tree Crafts 300gsm smooth/300gsm silky smooth and Paper Mill 300gsm Christmas red), for my card front, insert and matting
- Make It Crafty "Cheery Santa" image (sadly, no longer available) stamped using MFT Extreme black hybrid ink
- Alcohol markers to colour my images
- Woodware sentiment (FRS1019) stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- Crystal stickles to add some sparkle to my image and grounding
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL
- Dream Valley - challenge No. 311 - ADD SOME SPARKLE
- Peace on Earth - challenge No. 59 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) M OOD BOARD
- The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 158 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 55 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES











4 comments:
Congrats on your Time Out win.
Great colouring experiments and lovely Santa Christmas cards from the results.
Have a great weekend xxx
Cute and fun Christmas cards love it!!
Thank you so much for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT
That is a really jolly Santa image Kathy, and a great experiment with the new card you received. Apart from the bleed through on the silky smooth card I could not see much difference even when I enlarged it, but perhaps in real life it is more discernible, but your colouring is great. Congratulations on winning a prize over at Time Out and looking forward to seeing what you get with it. x
A great Santa image and fabulous coloring!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
Post a Comment