Wednesday, 27 March 2024

Wednesday? Already? At this rate it will soon be the weekend!

Morning readers, 

I have another session with my physiotherapist this morning and I am HOPING he will report some improvement! I would love to get back to walking and to being able to leave home without a stick (or even just leave home) but ..... we shall see what he says about my progress.

I've a make to share with you today ....... got to ink up some new stash, always feels good to do that - thanks to Darnell for her continued support in the form of the NBUS challenge blog!

My C6 card

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and purple, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Aall & Create floral image (from #980 - Jan 2024 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Derwent Inktense pencils used with a water brush, to colour my image
  • That Special Touch retro squares stencil used, with Distress Oxide kitsch flamingo, to add some random colour around my image
  • Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.615.136) used with Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia ink
  • MFT sentiment (from BB.21 "Birthday Bears") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Crystal stickles to add some sparkle

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 60 - USE NBUS
  2. Stencil Fun - March challenge - USE A STENCIL/S
  3. Try It On Tuesday - March 19th challenge - USE A STENCIL
  4. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 254 - BLOOM
  5. Allsorts - challenge No. 773/4 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) KEEP IT SIMPLE


10 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Kathy. Lovely image and in my favourite colours too. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Keep It Simple option.
I’ve just been scrolling through all your recent posts, so many beautiful creations. I’ve no idea why your posts haven’t been appearing in my Reading List. Hope your session with the physio goes well.
Liz xx

Sarn said...

What a lovely floral card. Love the touch of background stencilling to highlight the focal point.

Good luck at the physio appointment. x

brenda said...

Lovely colours for your CAS floral card, perfect for our current Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Lillianb said...

Great card Kathy, Love the flower image,
Lilian

Darlene said...

Oh Kathy, you had me at the color purple! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Pat said...

That a really prettily coloured flower Kathy and love the added pink stencilling in the background and the purple mat added to coordinate with the flower looks great, and finished with a lovely sentiment. I hope your physio can report some improvement..it must be very frustrating for you and hope it is soon much better. x

foleysfriend said...

Very pretty clean and simple card. I like your bits of stenciling to add some interest and provide a background for your floral image. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

Darnell said...

What a pretty way to add interest to a single flower design and still keep it CAS! Well done, Kathy! I've been enjoying a catch-up and your photos, but I'm sorry to hear you've somehow got a painful leg. I hope it gets better soon; I know how much you enjoy your walking! Thank you for the linking at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Great CAS card Kathy - the purple flower pops off it's pink background beautifully.
Hope you see some improvement soon and thanks so much for linking up at TIOT!

Pauline C said...

Love this Kathy, I really like that A&C floral stamp set, and the soft stencilling is lovely xx