Wednesday, 25 September 2024

Wednesday .. and also Rudolph Day!

Morning readers,

Today is the 25th of the month, and is designated (by us crafters) as Rudolph Day, a day when we aim to complete a Christmas project towards the upcoming Christmas and today is no different - here is the make I'd like to share with you today ... strangely enough (in light of recent posts) it's NOT a batch, just a one off! I'm happy to say that my recent batches HAVE allowed me to get back on track with my Christmas card quota so I can revert to my preferred method of Christmas crafting ... one of a kind card making.

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Woodware image (from JGS850) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Copic markers used to colour image
  • Elsewhere on the card and envelope I just used red and orange glitter markers to add colour to the hat and nose of my snowman
  • MFT sentiment (from CS.723) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crystal stickles to add some bling to my snowie

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Rudolph Day challenges - Sept challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  2. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 477 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 734 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  4. CRAFT - challenge No. 733 - CHRISTMAS
  5. Peace on Earth - challenge No. 72 - ANYTHING GOES or PHOTO INSPIRATION - see below

Now, I'm not saying that I am obsessed by Christmas but ..... it would appear that I  just MAY be (a little)!! How do I know this? Surrogate Daughter #2 sent me a photo of some Christmas wrap she bought at Costco last week ..... we went later in the week and I had already said "I DO NOT need any Christmas wrap" - hmmm, look how that worked out ...., right?!?!?!

36m of wrapping paper I probably didn't need,
and it's double sided too, but just too pretty to NOT buy

10 comments:

Sarn said...

Great snowman card for Rudolph Day Kathy.
Nice wrapping paper too!

Happy midweek!
xxx

Pat said...

That snowman is so cute Kathy and I love his bright orange nose, and of course a Santa hat, and a lovely sentiment to finish. Sometimes something just calls out to you 'buy me'...lol. x

Taty said...

the simple and clean Christmas card is beautiful, the snowman is cute, I love the Woodware brand stamps. Thanks for joining the CRAFT Challenge Taty x DT

Aquarius said...

Just love this fun snowman - great. I HATE batch making, much prefer one of a kind cards 😉

Sheryl said...

A perfect CAS card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Susan B said...

Wonderful CAS card and such a cute little snowman! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Sue - said...

Love the snowman! Perfect card for Rudolph Day.

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Great card - and as far as I am concerned you can never have enough gift wrap! 😹
Brilliant card - love the sparkle!
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Helen said...

So cute and beautifully CAS too.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love this Kathy! Thanks for sharing with ATSM!