Friday, 25 April 2025

TGIF, another weekend looms large!

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... given that it IS Rudolph Day (the 25th of each month) it simply HAD to be a Christmas card. I am playing catch up already this year as this is the FIRST Christmas card I've made in 2025!!

My C6 card

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and deep purple, for my card front, insert and matting
  • MFT sentiment (from CS.723) stamped using Versafine Clair monarch ink
  • Crafty Roo Designs doodle snowflake stamped using Versafine Clair monarch ink before sprinkling with Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "purple sparkle" embossing powder which I then heat set. Elsewhere on the card and envelope I just used the monarch ink
  • Three Papermania tiny gemstones - to add more interest to my CAS card

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Rudolph Day - April Rudolph day - ANYTHING Christmas GOES 
  2. Peace on Earth - challenge No. 86 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) MOOD BOARD
  3. Creative Moments - challenge No. 269 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  4. The Holly and Ivy challenge - challenge No. 183 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  5. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 595 - ANYTHING GOES


Well, we finally got round to redeeming a Christmas gift, it was a falconry experience at Millets (near Oxford). As we set off, the weather was singularly un-promising and yet .... not only did the rain hold off but it actually became a lovely day AND we had a fab outing. Mind you, looking at the photo's, the sun hat DID play havoc with my hair!!!












9 comments:

Aquarius said...

A great snowflake stamp and one which tempted me in the sale 😉. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos of your falconry experience - some beautiful creatures to spend time with.

Pauline C said...

Very pretty CAS snowflake card Kathy. I’ve only made one Christmas card this year too! Great pics from the falconry day out .. love the magnificent owl and the cute llamas xx

Diane said...

A beautiful CAS holiday card! Fabulous photos too, looks like a great day you had!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Sarn said...

Great photo's of your Falconry day out. Glad the weather did you proud in the end!

LOVELY festive make for Rudolph Day. That snowflake is super. I have the large version of it! xxx

Pat said...

What a beautiful snowflake Kathy, and the monochromatic look suits it perfectly and finished with some lovely gems. What a terrific Christmas gift and can see from the photos that the weather did brighten up. You did get to hold a lot of the different birds...I love that tawny owl, and some other beasties to see along the way too. x

Helen said...

Beautifully CAS - very elegant.

Love your photos - looks like an amazing experience.

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Linby said...

An elegant CAS design. Your experience looks amazing, especially the owls. Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Days challenge.

Anita van Deur said...

Beautiful CAS card.
Thank you for playing with us at the TH&ICC Anita DT

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.