Wednesday, 25 March 2026

Wednesday and also Rudolph Day

Morning readers,

I've a make to share with you today ... it's a Christmas card! I've been trying to  make one a week in 2026 (some weeks work better than others)! I'm pleased to report that this one sold, almost before the ink was dry!

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and deep green, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • Snippets of card in white and deep green
  • WRMK nesting banner dies to die cut my banner sentiment from the white and green snippets
  • John Next Door holly background (JND135 - A prize from Allsorts in December 2025 and NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair shady lane ink
  • Aall & Create sentiment (from set #607 - turned out to be THE perfect fit for the white banner snippet) stamped using Versafine Clair strawberry ink but a little small for the insert, etc so .....
  • Elsewhere on the card I used the slightly larger sentiment and holly sprig (from Aall & Create set #608) stamped using Versafine Clair shady lane and strawberry inks.
  • Red glitter felt tip used to add some colour, to the holly berries

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Rudolph Day - March challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. NBUS - challenge No. 84 - USE NBUS
  3. The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 201 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Merry Little Christmas - challenge No. 67 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. ABC of Christmas - March 11th challenge - "E, F & G" - Elves. Foliage and Gems ... here's hoping that sprigs of holly count as foliage!

8 comments:

Linby said...

A lovely CAS design. Well done on using your NBUS too.

Liz said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Kathy. A lovely overall design, but still has a CAS look.
Liz xx

Aquarius said...

Happy Rudolph Days - this is a great card so I'm not surprised it was snapped up quickly

Sarn said...

Love this card full of holly.
Happy Rudolph Day xxx

Sue - said...

Super holly card. Very Christmassy!

Inkyfingers said...

Your beautiful holly certainly counts as foliage, Kathy, and the glittery berries look so dimensional. I've never seen a red glittery felt tip before, but I'm adding one to my wish list!
Thanks for sharing with us ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs,
Carol x

Loll said...

Beautiful holly-filled Christmas card Kathy! Loll xx

Helen said...

A beautiful, traditional design - love it!

Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x