Morning readers,
Hope you had a great weekend.
I managed some quality time at the Table of Craftiness and thought it high time I revisited a technique I've not done for years .. frankly, I wasn't particularly successful the first time! See whether you think I've made progress ......
Hope you had a great weekend.
I managed some quality time at the Table of Craftiness and thought it high time I revisited a technique I've not done for years .. frankly, I wasn't particularly successful the first time! See whether you think I've made progress ......
![]() |
| My card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the water colour effect and of the sparkle spritz |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- DCWV Designed paper from the Olde World stack, cut to mat
- Snippets of white card and the above DCWV Designer Paper, for my image panel
- Penny Black floral image (from Woodland Beauty) inked up with Distress Ink in picked raspberry, and spritzed with water before stamping ...... to give a more watercolour feel
- Sentiment (from Hero Arts CL342) stamped using Ranger Archival library green ink
- Length of twine wrapped around the card, for additional texture and interest
- A quick spritz of Krylon sealant applied to the water based inks, to protect in transit
- Tsukineko "sparkle" spray applied over the image panel
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
And, another commission was for a selection of cards but with no sentiment so that the commissionee can select the occasion and write her chosen verse, note etc ....
Materials used:
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
- Penny Black - May challenge - ANYTHING GOES + optional twist MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND (spritzing with the shimmer spray)
- CraftyCatz - challenge No. 461 - ANYTHING GOES + optional twist FEMININE
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 352 - USE SNIPPETS
- Dare2BArtzy - May challenge - FLOWERS
- Crazy4Challenges - challenge No. 483 - FLOWERS
And, another commission was for a selection of cards but with no sentiment so that the commissionee can select the occasion and write her chosen verse, note etc ....
![]() |
| My card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the colouring and (hopefully) the sparkle |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of metallic pearl card (DCWV), cut to mat
- Penny Black image (4300K "Melle Papillon") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Derwent coloursoft and Prismacolour scholar pencils used to colour image
- Stardust stickles used to bling up the butterflies
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
- Jo's Scrap Shack - challenge No. 281 - ANYTHING GOES
- Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING GOES
- My Time To Craft - challenge No. 396 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 105 - ANYTHING GOES









11 comments:
Love both of these cards.
Happy Monday to you.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Two great makes Kathy.
Lilian
How pretty the PB flowers are Kathy and love the sparkle, and your beautifully coloured lady and butterflies and more wonderful sparkle on this too. x
Both super cards kathy.
Great Cas Cards - thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Good luck and hope to see you again Cat DT
Awesome card. I like the water color effect. Great look. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.
Billie A
Crafty Catz
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Fabulous cards Kathy - I adore your snippets one! So pink (yeah!!) and sparkly. Very pretty,
Hugs
Di xx
Such a lovely image with the butterflies fluttering around that sweetie; that lavender dress is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge! ~Katrina
Both of these are fabulous sets.. Love that yo finish the inside and back of the card, as well as make a matching envie.. How cool.. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC
Love your beautiful floral card, fab colour and I love the added sparkle! Thank you so much for joining us over at PBSC, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope you'll join our next challenge, love Jacky x
Fab cards - love the touch of sparkle on the first one!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x
Post a Comment