Saturday, 11 May 2019

Saturday peeps!

Morning readers,

Slightly disappointed that it isn't a Bank Holiday weekend but hey, there'll be another along before the month is out!

Managed a little time at the Table of Craftiness .. whilst a thundderstorm rumbled outside, as it happens!


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of purple pearlescent DCWV card, cut to mat
  • Circles from the Altenew "Trency Circles", stamped using Memento inks: rosebud, lilac posies, grape jelly and Brilliance pearlescent inks: orchid and purple
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment and frame (from VO009 "Everyday Greetings") stamped using Versafine onyx black and Brilliance pearlescent purple inks on to a snippet of white card which I then fussy cut out, edging with the purple ink
  • Double sided tape in two thicknesses used to form a line across the centre of my card, gold sheet foil then applied and burnished - to give a sumptuous feel to the card before adhering the sentiment panel on top

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 454 - STAMP YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  2. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 347 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. CardzTV - challenge No. 89 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting With Friends - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 163 - ANYTHING GOES
And here comes another ...

My card
 

The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of DCWV (from their Rock Star stack), cut to mat
  • Crafters Companion sentiment ("Birthday o'clock") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Studiog glass stamped using Memento rosebuds (for pink gin!!) and sentiment using Versafine onyx black inks - both fromVC0053
  • Derwent coloursoft pencils in shades of green used to colour
  • Stardust stickles and Mod Podge dimensional gloss used to embellish

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 395 - BEVERAGES
  2. Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 165 - ANYTHING GOES + optional (unused twist) BALLOONS
  3. Patties Creations - challenge No. 158 - BIRTHDAYS
  4. Southern Girls - May 2nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 439 - ANYTHING GOES


 

11 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

love your funny sentiment. I think it's gin o time somewhere right now ;-) lol

Sarn said...

Well I just love these two.
The multicoloured circles make a great background to the get well sentiment and then, using the gin sentiment as the focal point is inspired! Brilliant xxx

Michelle W said...

Two great cards Kathy and I just love that gin one! Perfect for our beverage challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

Pat said...

Those differently patterned circles look great on the first card Kathy, and the sentiment really made me smile and perfect with the pink gin on the second. x

Wendy said...

Great cards ...Thanks for joining us at Fab’n’funky:)
Hugs
Wendy xx

Pattie G said...

This is so cute! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Birthdays” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Tindaloo said...

Lovely get well card, and I love the gin card too :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Fingers!
♥ DT Tindaloo ~ PS: I got a blogcandy until the 17th. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

It's always gin o' clock somewhere Kathy - what a fun card! I can think of many good friends who would love it!!

Glenda J said...

I am a gin lover so I love the sentiment on your birthday card! The design is fabulous too. Well done! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

Nonni said...

You gin card makes me smile big time... I love the funny sentiment as much as I love gin lol! Great CAS design with lots of white space. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Sid said...

Fab CAS Card !