Friday, 14 June 2019

Friday and it's ALMOST the weekend

Morning readers,

I'm busy making a concerted effort to use up some of the dozens (more like hundreds!) of snippets I've accumulated over time - we crafters do do hate waste! Almost as much as we hate copyright theft - I was so disappointed to go in to a trusted retail outlet and buy the stamp set used below - only to discover it to be a cheap knock off of "Beautiful You" - S.U.'s stamp set - I haven't been back to that store since, nor do I have plans to since I'm not the only one to fall foul of their less than ethical business model.

My Artist Trading Card
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black, white, bronze and red DCWV (textured and glittered - but it's so small I don't remember which stack it's from)
  • WRMK nesting rectangle dies to cut the nesting layers
  • Memento ladybug ink brushed over the white panel and then again through a That Special Touch stencil (Distressed Dots)
  • S.U. knock off, stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink and die cut before colouring with alcohol inks


Woo Hoo, I'm calling this a result - FOUR snippets in one go!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1923 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 245 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 392 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Addicts Challenge - challenge No. 61 (June) - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Happy Little Stampers - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES WITH DIES (4 nesting dies used + The lady with umbrella die cut)

And now for a CAS card


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One 8" x 8" piece of DCWV textured hot pink card, the snippet left was used for my image panel
  • Snippet of white card, for my image and sentiment
  • Using an Aldi stencil brush I applied Memento tangelo ink to my white snippet, overlaying my Distressed Dots stencil (That Special Touch) and applying a second application of ink
  • Hero Arts scribbled circle (from AC026 - "Brush Strokes") stamped using the tangelo ink
  • Kaisercraft leaves (from Botanica) image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Chapel Road sentiment (from Vertical Greetings) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Diamond stickles used to highlight the stems

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. EllieBelles - June challenge - SUMMER SCENES/TREATS or COLOURS - I went with colours
  2. Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 225 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - June 11th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Shopping Our Stash - challenge No. 397 - STENCIL ME THIS
  5. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 204 - SUMMER COLOURS


Woo Hoo, one of my Artist Trading Cards was picked as a May favourite over at Happy Little Stampers, my thanks to Kylie and her fab Design Team


  

It's the 50th wedding anniversary of friends today so please join me in wishing Wynneth and Mr Tom a very


11 comments:

Liz said...

Two super cards, Kathy. Just wondered if you've mastered the art of reducing your snippet pile. I find the more snippets I use, the bigger the pile grows - I haven't discovered why yet! When I saw your first card, I thought it was the Stampin' Up stamp. I'm with you on my view of outright copies of designs and it seems to be getting worse. Congratulations on your Top Pick on the Happy Little Stampers blog and Happy 50th Anniversary to Wynneth and Mr Tom. xx

Sarn said...

Oh WELL DONE on using up some snippets on your two projects. Great card and ATC.

Congrats on being favourite at HLS too

Happy Friday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Helen said...

You have created 2 great cards, Kathy! Your feminine CAS card is so pretty. I love the way you have carried the design through to the inside and envelope. It makes a gorgeous set. Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Clare Lloyd said...

Great projects. Well done on your win.

Pat said...

This is a super image on this ATC Kathy, and I remember you saying that this is a copy which of course you didn't realise when you bought it and love your use of lots of snippets, and also congratulations on your Top 3 place over at HLS, another great win. Out and out copying is despicable. I suppose all we can do is to resist the temptation to buy anything that we suspect is a copy. I love the beautiful bright pink and the wonderful shimmery leaves over that delightful dotty stencilled background and with the HA scribbled circle stamped image too, and a great horizontal sentiment to finish. x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creations! I love choice of colours!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ilranax

Sue - said...

Two great designs Kathy. Congrats on you HLS win too. I’m surprised a Shop is selling knock offs - I know there are a lot on online sites.

Kathyk said...

As was I, Sue, and more than a little disappointed. One of my friends actually caught the store employees re-bagging. I won't be shopping there again in a hurry

Kathyk

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! what a fabulous ATC! i love literally every single element! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (stencil!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

I admire your resolve to use up those snippets! This is something I need to do too! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
TTCRD DT
PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Ellibelle said...

A fantastic card, beautiful design and colors!
Thank you so much for joining in at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday June/July challenge where it's all about "Summer Scenes, Summer Colors or Summer Treats"!