Wednesday, 30 October 2019

Wednesday - mid week

Morning readers,

I never realised how tricky it was to make a CAS (Clean And Simple) card but without any wording - IMHO the cards look too bare! I had "finished" the card below when I felt it lacked something ... that something was (of course) a sentiment of some description but my commission was for cards to be purposely left blank so the commissionee could choose the occasion. Hmmm ..... I hit on the idea of framing the sentiment with some stencilling, what do you think - DOES it work?


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • MFT image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Pencils used to colour image and blended using Gamsol
  • TCW stencil and Memento lilac posies ink (applied with an Aldi stencil brush) used to give a little more texture and interest to my card
  • Stardust stickles to add a little twinkle



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Cutie Pie - challenge No. 140 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 116 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Paper Minutes - challenge No. 612 - FRIENDSHIP
And now for another of my "leave blank" commission ......


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of aubergine card, cut to mat
  • Using one of the scalloped semicircles from the My Minds Eye set stamped multiple times using Memento rosebud ink
  • I then stamped the small Dylusions butterfly using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Stardust stickles to trace round the butterfly outside edges and Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen to highlight the small circles in the semicircle




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1943 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Unicorn Challenge - challenge No. 48 - PRETTY IN PINK
  4. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 105 - ANYTHING GOES


8 comments:

Sarn said...

Well . . . you asked, so . . . IMHO, whilst the first card looks GREAT and I like the image and the background stamping around it . . . it definitely feels like something is missing . . . and that thing would be the sentiment! LOL!

The second card looks absolutely fine without the sentiment. Probably because the whole page is filled?

A COUPLE OF MINS LATER > > > >
On second thoughts . . . how about a little light doodling with a fine liner pen around the edges of the first card? I'd start either side of the "grass" so that the bottom of the main image is included as part of the doodling IYKWIM. Got a purple fine liner pen per chance? I'm just typing out loud! LOL!

Liz said...

It's not easy to make a CAS card with no sentiment, but you've cracked it by added the stencilling around the image. Your second card is beautiful too. xx

Pat said...

Two great cards Kathy and I think your idea of adding a place to put a sentiment works well, and love the stencilling behind the image, and then the sparkly pink butterflies look so pretty with all the scalloped mats stamped around the edges to frame them. x

Heike said...

i like your card....It´s clean enough!!
Heike

Darnell said...

A tough assignment to create all-purpose cards, but you did a fabulous job of it, Kathy! Two very pretty designs!! Hugs, Darnell

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty butterfly card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

Suze said...

Nice cards. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Helen said...

Fab CAS design.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x