Friday, 1 November 2019

New month, new challenge over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog

Morning readers, and welcome to November,

It's a new month which means a new challenge over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog, where Leslie hosts a monthly ANYTHING GOES challenge - we'd love to see your entry. Here's my Design Team submission to get things rolling.





My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 300gsm white card, cut to fit
  • One piece of 250gsm black card, cut to mat
  • Using an acrylic block, I applied a modest amount of Distress Ink in faded jeans, spritzed with water and "smooshed" on to my card front
  • Using a blue ink spray I added a little spritz before setting aside to dry
  • Tim Holtz Artistry "man with umbrella" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stampendous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt ink
  • Once everything was dry I gave it a quick coat of Krylon sealant, to protect those water based inks




Additionally, I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 245 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Creatalicious Challenges - challenge No. 174 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) FOR A MAN
  3. Simon Says Stamp - October 30th challenge - SIMON SAYS ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
  4. Double D Challenges - October 16th challenge - SILHOUETTES - see below ... I went with figures, as per bottom left
  5. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 401 - ANYTHING GOES
 

10 comments:

Tone K. said...

Really cool card! I love the background :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Sarn said...

Smashing masculine card mate.
Love that image.

Sarn x

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a nice masculine card. Tim's Umbrella Man looking good! xoxo

Pat said...

I love the blue smooshed background Kathy to accompany your man with the umbrella. A great card. x

Donna Phelan said...

Great silhouette stamp. Love your smooshed inky color too! And to finish off the inside and make a matching envelope was a great idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Silhouettes Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

craftysahmiam said...

Neat effect, I need to try that "smooshing" sometime.

Darlene said...

This is fabulous Kathy! I have always loved this image! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Silhouette’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Created by Kath said...

I love the silhouette you've used! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Dorlene Durham said...

Great card. I love the silhouette and that gorgeous puddle of blue.

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking creation with lovely design and colours. Thanks for playing along with us over at Creatalicious challenges.
Love n hugs
Marie