Morning readers,
Well, a dull old day ... got woken up by the sound of a hot air balloon, drew back the curtains and it was about 100 feet away, at eye level! Sadly, by the time I returned to the window, armed with my camera, it had disappeared from view - I suspect it may have been already landing in the fields opposite - bummer!
I've a make to share with you today ........... a birthday card using gilding flakes, love the texture and shine of this new tub of flakes
I've a make to share with you today ........... a birthday card using gilding flakes, love the texture and shine of this new tub of flakes
![]() |
| My C6 card and, below: a closer view of the gilding flakes below again, the front/back/inside of my card and front/back of my envelope |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- White card cut to fit, for my image panel and insert
- Paperbabe sentiment stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Kaisercraft "Arty" image stamped using Versafine embossing ink, sprinkled with Judikins "sticky stuff", heat embossed and then Cosmic Shimmer Aurora gilding flakes (in oriental fire) liberally applied and burnished with a finger before removing the excess. I LOVED the colour combo of these flakes and bought them on a whim, totally forgetting why I don't often use the pesky things - SO MUCH STATIC!!!! Elsewhere on my card the Kaisercraft image was stamped using Memento gray flannel ink
- Clearly Besotted "Happy Birthday" sentiment (from mini calligraphy) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink. on the inside of my card and on the envelope
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Craft Rocket - challenge No. 84 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Cardz4Galz - August 12th challenge - TEXTURE
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 691 - ANYTHING GOES
- WaterCooler Wednesday - challenge No. 322 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
- Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 220 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) STRIPES
- NBUS - challenge No. 29 - USE NBUS



Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in white and deep purple
- Stamps used: Kaisercraft "Sketchy", Lisa Horton A6 "Backgrounds", Hero Arts CL-477, Creative Expressions CEC-897, StudioLight SL340 and Paper Artsy HPXT03
- Inks used: Memento tangelo, potters clay, gray flannel and ladybug, Distress Oxide black soot and Versafine Clair nocturne and purple delight
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Through The Craft Room Door - August 10th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 33 - ANYTHING GOES
- CardzTV - challenge No. 147 - ANYTHING GOES
- Love To Craft Challenge Blog - challenge No. 61 - ANYTHING GOES
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 502 - ANYTHING GOES
And, in case you missed my post yesterday ..... hubby and I have recently returned from a break in a lovely part of the world, East Sussex ..... I posted a goodly number of pix yesterday and have some more for your delectation today ..... pull up a chair, grab a coffee and enjoy some sightseeing with me. There will be some more pix (the final batch) in my next post - on Monday









9 comments:
Rye is looking as lovely as ever.
Great glitzy, but CAS, card . . . and you already know I really appreciate the ATC with its super layers.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
another two great makes, Love the pictures,, looks like a lovely town,
Take care and stay safe,
Lilian
Hi Kathy, super card again and ATC too. Lovely pics also, shame you missed the balloon though. Sorry I am so late leaving comments also. ;) Viv xx
I bet this really shines in real life. It looks lovely and I did enjoy the tour. Thanks for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Wonderful design for your card and beautiful photos.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Polkadoodles Challenge blog.
Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's paper challenges. Hugs Ela DT
Love your creations. Loved looking at the beautiful pictures from your trip. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.
I love the way you've added texture using the gilding flakes. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x
Wow! I love how you have added and highlighted the gilding flakes, a fabulous result on your card. Thanks for sharing with Cardz4Galz, we look forward to you visiting us again. Caz. DT.
Post a Comment