Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... I sent out a couple of thank you cards this past week so thought I should run up some replacements .. I had what I thought was the perfect design in my head - whaddya reckon? Got to use new ink and a new stamp set too which is a bit of a result!
I've a make to share with you today ....... I sent out a couple of thank you cards this past week so thought I should run up some replacements .. I had what I thought was the perfect design in my head - whaddya reckon? Got to use new ink and a new stamp set too which is a bit of a result!
![]() |
| My C6 card and, immediately below: the front/back/inside of my card and the front/back of my envelope Bottom row: shows my inked panel masked (L) and with mask removed |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and black, cut to fit and mat
- Using scrap paper and low tack tape I masked a strip, before applying Distress Oxide in lucky clover to the panel using a Tim Holtz mini blender (for a change!).
- Whilst the ink was still wet, I wet the mini blender and overlaid my Craftreat stencil (CTS445 - "stars all over" - NBUS) and then applied the watered mini blended to "lift" the green ink, allowed it to set for a moment before blotting the excess water - giving the inked panel some "texture"
- Woodware image (FRS834 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "mini calligraphy") and Woodware dots (from FRS834 - NBUS) stamped using Distress Oxide lucky clover ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 29 - USE NBUS
- HLS - August stencil challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- International Art & Soul - challenge No. 115 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 164 - ANYTHING GOES
- AAA Cards - challenge No. 197 - ONE INCH STRIP
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- White card - cut to fit, for my image panel and insert
- Memory Box "script" image (E453 "Script block") stamped using Versafin Clair morning mist ink
- Inkadinkado Circle image (60-30939) stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from brushed sentiments) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- CAS Colours and Sketches - challenge No. 434 - SKETCH
- MOD Squad - August challenge - MONTH OF THANKS
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- The House That Stamps Built - challenge No. 2521 - ANYTHING GOES
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 503 - ANYTHING GOES

I discovered that I was selected as a "Chick of the Week" over at Krafty Chicks this week, thanks so much peeps, it is really appreciated. My entry was for their challenge No. 573 and the theme was CAS (Clean And Simple) which I love.
















11 comments:
Congrats on being Chick of the Week with that lovely card.
Two super cards today too. Love the ghosting technique used for the first card.
Have a great weekend xxx
Lovely cards Kathy - the pink starburst adds a lovely pop of bright colour in front of that script behind. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!
Two lovely makes Kathy, and well done on being Chick of the week,
Take care and stay safe,
Lilian
Two brilliant CAS cards, Kathy. Congratulations on being Chick of the Week. xx
The Lucky Clover is such a bright and beautiful colour Kathy and love the silhouette flower over the top, then the pretty pink circle of dots with the script in the background, both great 'thank you' card. Congratulations on being a Chick of the Week with that wonderful monochrome card featuring that elegant vintage car, no surprise as it is a super card. x
Beautiful one inch strip card. I can see that design loking fabulous in each of the season's colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Love the black flower on the beautiful background. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!
Hi Kathy, beautiful cards, love the first card with the distress oxide strip and flower stamped over the top. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF
Pretty take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.
Two perfectly CAS and perfectly fabulous cards!! Love the color on the first; so beautiful!! And I really like your take on the sketch with the second card! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.
Very unique! I love the pink Starburst/Mandala image. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S
Post a Comment