Thursday, 24 August 2023

Thursday and a post from me - bet you weren't expecting that!

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... I was delighted to have been invited to be a Guest Design Team Member over at Seize the Birthday where the new challenge is ANYTHING GOES with an option for a MAKE IT MUSICAL topping and here is my take on the theme and topping.

My C6 card
And a closer view of the dry embossing

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and navy
  • Snippets of card in white and navy
  • I ran my card front panel through my big shot inside a Leane Creatief embossing folder (35.0973 - 2023 - NBUS)
  • Close to my Heart images (from D1523 "sweet music") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment (from WTF) stamped on to a snippet of white card and then run through my big shot to die cut, using a WRMK banner die

Additionally, I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 53 - USE NBUS
  2. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 461 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. Avenue 613 Create - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - challenge No. 241 - MUSIC



Other good news .. I was a top pick over at Krafty Chicks for their challenge No. 677 (CAS) - thanks so very much


Been dog sitting recently, and the long suffering pooch has THE saddest face, despite not being sad at all, his tail wagged pretty much all weekend!

This face kind of says it ALL

21 comments:

Pat said...

Congratulations on being a Guest Designer this time over at Seize the Birthday Kathy, and this card certainly ticks that box beautifully. I love the silhouette violin player and the musical note embossed background shows it off brilliantly, and congratulations also on being a Top Pick over at Krafty Chicks. I love the look on that sweet dog's face as you point the camera at him..lol. x

Liz said...

Congratulations on your GD spot. Great card, the embossed background makes a lovely background for the beautiful stamped image. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun musical silhouette stamp - welcome to GDing

Linda said...

Kathy, welcome as our STB Guest Designer. Awesome card with your embossed background of musical notes and your violin image.

Sarn said...

Congrats on your Seize The Birthday GD spot. Love the card you’ve made. Great embossing and stamping. Well done on your other recognition too.

Actually I WAS expecting your post today as you said about it in your previous one!!!

Good old Riddick. Bet he’s been keeping you on your toes x

Anonymous said...

Kathy, thanks for a great birthday card and being our guest at STB. The background ef is really cool and the silhouette violin stamp is amazing.

Sarn said...

Back with my Prefect’s badge on to say thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. X

Izzy Scrap said...

So happy to share with you this Surprise Party Guest post over at STB ! Love your clean and simple musical card. The silhouette violin player pops up beautifully over the delicate musical embossed background. Have a nice day.

Barbara said...

Congrats on your guest spot. It was a fun addition to our challenge for this year. I Love the fun embossing folder to add the musical notes to your card. All it needed was the violins to keep this CAS.

Nancy said...

Stopping by with a proper comment. This CAS card is just perfect for our Topping, Kathy! Love that EF background too! Happy to have you with us!

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Kathy! Very dramatic indeed. I always forget about Seize the Birthday - note to self needed! Your 'tenant' is so beautiful - those eyes would melt an iceberg - or at the very least ensure a nibble of a leetle piece of cheese as a treat! He does look very knowing and wise!

Hugs
Di xx

Marina said...

Great music-themed card. I really like how you've placed all the elements for a modern cas-ish design, even though the image is quite fancy. Love that you decorated the envelope too - I never think of doing that.

JulieP said...

Talk about the perfect embossing folder for these challenges!!! This is amazing Kathy!!! On behalf of both Seize the Birthday and the Sisterhood I'd like to thank you for playing!!!

JoAnn said...

Great card with that music note background. Glad to have you as a Guest Designer on Seize the Birthday.

shirley-bee said...

Fab CAS musical card, Kathy! I love the notes embossed panel, perfect for the image. Great to have you as our surprise party guest at Seize The Birthday 🥳

Bettina-bettyboop.blogspot.com said...

a lovely card! love the embossing! thank you for joining us at 613 create!

Cathy said...

Great musical card Kathy, love the embossing and the silhouette image is perfect, thankyou for guesting with us, Cathy x

Donna said...

Fab card! Thanks for getting musical with Edna and the Sisterhood of snarky stampers

Glenda J said...

So glad you are joining us! This is a lovely card - love the embossing folder and great choice of focal image.

Trina P. said...

Congrats on GD. 🎉🎉🎉 Great card… love the musical notes embossed background.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful texture and matching envie!!