Morning readers,
First item to share with you today is a Christmas card, I've recently rediscovered the joy of blending inks .... I used the same basic layout as Saturday's card but changed pretty much everything else about it!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and red DCWV glitter card, for my card front, insert and matting
- Card snippets in white, black and silver mirri card, for my image panel
- Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I applied Distress Inks until I was happy with the blended colour. Colours I used were: Victorian Velvet, Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany
- See D's "holiday" sentiment (from Say it again 50136) multi stamped using Memento lady bug ink
- Stampers Anonymous holly sprig (from THMM155) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Stampers Anonymous sentiment (also from THM155) stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- Christmas lights washi tape
- Crystal stickles to add a little sparkle
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Scraps of Life - August Rudolph Day - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
- HLS - August CHRISTMAS challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) ELF
- 613 Avenue Create - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - SPARKLE AND SHINE ... mirri card / shiny foiled washi tape and (of course) stickles glitter glue!
- The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 146 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
I've another make to share with you today ....... an Artist Trading Card, measuring just 3½" x 2½".
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in white and green - one strip was already embossed using the Leane Creatief music embossing folder - from an earlier project
- Using a makeup brush I applied Memento bamboo leaves over the larger white snippet and over the embossed strip
- Kaisercraft "sheet music" image stamped using the Memento bamboo leaves ink
- Lost Coast sentiment (prize won in August - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair shady lane ink
- Bo Bunny images (from7311082) stamped using Memento gray flannel ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 53 - USE NBUS
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 260 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 501 - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 212 - ANYTHING GOES
- Can You Handle The Pressure - Aug 26th challenge - ANYTHING (EMBOSSED) GOES + (optional) POPPIES
Out for a walk the other evening and thought this made a nice pic














9 comments:
Lovely Christmas card. Nicely inked up.
Fab ATC xx
Love your ATC, my daughter is a piano player and that would be perfect for her! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!
FABULOUS cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B
Love the distressed background on your Christmas card! Thanks for sharing over at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!
great card and ATC Kathy, lovely pictures as we,,. Monkey puzzle tree is not a favourite of mine as when i was a child was playing crazy golf and walked in to the branch of the tree and thought i was going blind, thank goodness it was okay,
Lilian
Ooooo what a stunning classy card & thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days August Challenge, luv Sam x
I love the holly sprig with the sparkly berries, and stands out beautifully against the red script background Kathy and another great double frame, and love the Christmas lights on the washi tape..a super card and love your photos. x
Sorry Kathy, a senior moment..lol, I forgot to say what a pretty arty ATC and some lovely words too. x
Fab inked background with the silhouette stamp on your Christmas card Kathy, and lovely artistic ATC
Pauline xx
Post a Comment