Here we are at the weekend again and I hope you all have something nice planned, especially as this is a Bank Holiday weekend!!! Woo Hoo! Surprisingly enough, it's SUPPOSED to be hot and sunny?!?!?!
I've been taking the air every morning as part of a plan to move more and eat less!! Blimey, infit or what? First week, I was puffing before I'd got very far ... STILL puffing but just not QUITE as quickly - hoping it's doing some good but - time will tell!
In the meantime, I've been rewarding myself ... NO, not with chocolate, and spending some quality time at the Table of Craftiness! Want to see what I've been up to today? One of my most favourite techniques IS the layering of stamps/stencils and I really like the way this one turned out - hope you do too!
|A closer view of the details|
- Snippets of card in white and Costco double sided card (300gsm)
- Nesting circle dies - used to cut the 2½" and 2¼" circles
- Using an Aldi stencil brush I applied a light coat of Memento dandelion over the white circle
- With my Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.129) in place and using an Aldi stencil brush I applied Memento tangelo ink which I then used to ink up the triangle stamp from StudioLight (SL340)
- From the same StudioLight set I inked the number image with Memento rosebud ink
- Sentiment (from Fiskars 105990.1001) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
And on to a birthday card now .... I found a sketch I liked but (being a very CAS kind of girl these days ...) decided to use just stamp layers to make up my sketch ... oh, and I rotated the sketch too!
|My card - I LOVE this combination of colours too - very summery!|
|And a closer view of my layered stamping|
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card
- One piece of orange card, cut to mat
- Stamps used: Studio Light sets SL341 & SL363, Chapel Road "Vertical Greetings" and Paper Artsy splatter from HTPX01
- Inks used: Memento dandelion, tangelo and rosebud plus Versafine Clair nocturne
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
- CAS(e) This Sketch - challenge No. 336 - SKETCH - see below
- TGIF - challenge No. 226 - SPLATTER
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - SIMON SAYS CAS (Clean And Simple)
- D.L. Art - challenge No. 246 - BIRTHDAY
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 360 - ANYTHING GOES