Morning readers,
In these days of self-isolation I sometimes feel like I need to connect with people other than my dear hubby, who's an absolute star but ... not a girl! It was therefore lovely this week to, not once but twice, have a video chat with friends ... one with my two longest standing friends (from primary school!!!) and another chat with an old friend and a cousin ... we should have been in Florida recently but ... of course, that didn't happen. I had an absolute blast during both calls so thanks ladies - same time next week!
I've a make to share with you today .... this is a retro inspired "in your face" kind of card - I have someone in mind for being on the receiving end of this too! It's very "groovy baby" and reminiscent of the Mike Myers "Austin Powers" movies ... IMHO
In these days of self-isolation I sometimes feel like I need to connect with people other than my dear hubby, who's an absolute star but ... not a girl! It was therefore lovely this week to, not once but twice, have a video chat with friends ... one with my two longest standing friends (from primary school!!!) and another chat with an old friend and a cousin ... we should have been in Florida recently but ... of course, that didn't happen. I had an absolute blast during both calls so thanks ladies - same time next week!
I've a make to share with you today .... this is a retro inspired "in your face" kind of card - I have someone in mind for being on the receiving end of this too! It's very "groovy baby" and reminiscent of the Mike Myers "Austin Powers" movies ... IMHO
![]() |
| My card |
![]() |
| My "sketch" |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- 5½" square white, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of 300gsm smooth white card cut to fit
- One piece of Papermill intense green 240gsm card, cut to mat
- Snippets of leftover card in both the white and green, for my image and sentiment panels
- WRMK nesting banner and rectangle dies to cut my image and sentiment panels
- Rubber Stampede "chic" image (3752-F) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- CAS-ual Friday sentiment (from WTF) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Pro Markers: ivory, rose pink and lime + Copic skin white to colour mage
- Woodware circles and lines (from FRS369 "Mod Circles") stamped using Memento inks: rosebud, pear tart and dandelion for the image panel background - to give it a retro feel
- Three tiny faux crystal gemstones - to bling up my girly card
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 270 - ANYTHING GOES + FEMININE TWIST
- Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 121 - BIRTHDAY
- CRAFT Challenge - challenge No. 555 - ANNUAL BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 397 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for another card .....
![]() |
| My Cream and white card |
![]() |
| And a closer view of the dragonfly - to show the sparkle |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of cream card cut slightly smaller (to back my die cut)
- Snippet of leftover 300gsm cream card, for my image
- Unknown dragonfly image stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Ranger Letter-It sentiment (from a 2019 magazine freebie) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Sizzix honeycomb die (660220) used to cut out the lower right corner
- Stardust stickles to give the dragonfly it's sparkle!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 633 - ANYTHING GOES
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 419 - WHITE AND CREAM
- Happy Little Stampers - May challenge - ANYTHING GOES WITH DIES
- Seize the Birthday - challenge No. 190 - ANYTHING GOES (BIRTHDAY)


As I was out for my walk this morning I thought I should take some photos, how lucky am I to live so close to such beautiful places, positively chocolate box-like in the sunshine!
![]() |
| Maintaining a 2m distance from my walking companion! |


















20 comments:
2 lovely cards in this post. Very Austin powers 4 the first one . . .and the other will be good for a nature lover
I see you found a way to keep your hair from flying in your face while out walking . . . Good choice!
Xxx
I love your sassi lady Kathy, and the retro look with the different circles is a great background, pretty colours too, and your sparkly dragonfly works beautifully with the gold honeycomb, and I love how you have used the cut out pieces. Super photos of your walk and I think this is one you have done before, I seem to recognise the bridge and the stream running alongside the road...how lovely that you had a companion too, albeit at a distance. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Take care. x
fab photos and video chats seem so good. I whatsapp recorded messages with a lot of crafty friends or just call and this helps too. I adore this trendy looking lady..she looks so glam!
Fab cards, Kathy! Love the sparkle on that dragonfly. Having the sunshine recently has really helped ease lockdown a little hasn't it. So glad you've played along at Seize the birthday, Jo x
Great cards Kathy,yes strange times atm aren't they,so glad we can do video calls though .😊 Viv xx
Kathy, I know exactly what you mean about needing to connect with someone other than your husband. I do my weekly fitness classes on line at the minute via video conferencing and it's so lovely to catch up with the friends I've made at those classes.
Thank you so much for entering our birthday blog hop at CRAFT Challenge remember to add this card to each DT blog to be in with a chance of winning more prizes.
Hugs Sheryl xx
CRAFT DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}
Great card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath- DT
Great cards, love the retro looking one and that dragonfly is gorgeous. Your pics are lovely too, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x
Great card & a lovely post!
Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede this week & sharing your talent with us!
Good Luck
Crafty HUgs
Dawn xx
That dragonfly has so much detail it looks real! Love it in gold! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!
Hello ,
What a lovely creation you made I love it
Thank You for Joining us at Polkadoodle Craft Challenge
Good luck and I hope to see you back at Polkadoodles
Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella ( https://cinderellasdreamcardsblog.blogspot.com/)
Xx
Thank you for visiting my blog and hope you enjoyed the hop. Good luck in the draw at craft's birthday challenge
I do like your retro styled birthday card - such fun! And the dragonfly too, so elegant. Thanks for playing along with Cardz 4 Galz this week. Deborah, DT.
PS Love the photos from your walk!
two great cards Kathy and I love your sparkly dragonfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.
Great cards. I love the dragonfly and the background hexagons work so well. Thanks for playing along at Less is More.
Elaine
you've done well!, again this color challenge foudn me stumped, but I came up with something after 4 other that were way to blah to me lol
What wonderful birthday cards and photos. It looks like a lovely walk. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and celebrating with us at CRAFT Challenge!
Lovely card thanks for joining us at Craft with our Birthday celebrations
Just LOVE you retro style card, very Austin Powers!
Thank you for sharing with us over at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this fortnight
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx
Great retro card. Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge for our special birthday blog hop!
Debbie
CRAFT DT
decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}
Post a Comment