Morning readers,
Welcome to my latest follower Desire Fourie, I hope you will pop back again soon.
Right, so ... here we are in "flaming June" and it really does appear to have started that way, with temperatures reaching the mid 20's (celsius) and with sunshine and blue skies - you could almost think summer is coming - YAY!
I've a make to share with you today ....... sadly, I've had occasion to use a couple of sympathy cards this past week so I thought I would make at least one, to replenish the gap in my card stash. I find them easier to make when I don't actually have a need for them, it's just too distressing to leave them till I need them and I find that they usually don't work out the way I want them to.
I've a make to share with you today ....... sadly, I've had occasion to use a couple of sympathy cards this past week so I thought I would make at least one, to replenish the gap in my card stash. I find them easier to make when I don't actually have a need for them, it's just too distressing to leave them till I need them and I find that they usually don't work out the way I want them to.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- White, textured grey and black card, cut to fit and mat
- Inkadinkado image (from 60-30105) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Inkadinkado sentiment (from 97617) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Using a makeup brush and a Memory Box grid stencil (#88517) I applied Memento inks in Paris dusk and gray flannel
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING GOES
- My Time To Craft - challenge No. 458 - FLORAL
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Craft Room Door - June 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Sentiments - June 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And now ... a little Artist Trading Card, they are SO handy for using up those pesky snippets of leftover card we crafters accumulate, usually without even realising! SUCH an adorable image too
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in white and deep purple
- Katzelkraft hippo image (from KTZ168) and CardzTV sentiment (from Just Sayin') stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Using a makeup brush I lightly applied Memento gray flannel ink to the white card, taking care not to add colour to the hippo.
- I placed my Clearly Besotted "clouds" over my white snippet before applying Memento Paris dusk ink "clouds"!
- Kuretake Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen - to add a little sparkle to the hippo's tusks, eyes and wings!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 209 - ANYTHING GOES
- CardzTV - challenge No. 141 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Animals - challenge No. 51 - ANYTHING (with an animal) GOES
- Love to Craft - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES
In case you regular readers are wondering .... yes, I'm still walking pretty much every day (though I took a day off on Saturday - just couldn't be bothered!). I am extremely lucky in having so many pleasant and leafy walks so close to home ...... in the photos below it is hard to imagine that I am really close to the ring road and/or by-pass!!!
![]() |
| Bypass 100 yards to the left of this photo |
![]() |
| Ring road approx 100 yards to the left of this photo too |
![]() |
| Ring road less than 100 yards to the right of this photo |










8 comments:
Nice sympathy card and a fabulously fun ATC.
Great pictures of your walking areas too.
Hugs, Sarn x
Great card Kathy and you are right its not easy to make them when you need them, great image on the ATC.
Take care and stay safe.
Lilian
Beautiful
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
This is a pretty silhouette flower and love the graph type stencilled background softly applied in blue and grey and then the ATC with that fun hippo and a lovely sentiment, and some pretty clouds added to the background using the same blue as above which looks great. Glad you still keep your walk going and who wouldn't have the odd day off. x
Beautiful card! ... thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge, Nelly DT x
Cute cards. So glad you shared both at Crafty Sentiments and Colour Crazy
Beautiful card, both elegant and striking. I agree, it is never easy to create a sympathy card when you are stressed. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles.
The hippo card really made me smile! I love the background, the sentiment and the chunky hippo! Thankyou for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, D.T.
Post a Comment