Monday, 12 January 2026

Monday and the start of another week

Morning readers,

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, we certainly did and there's more about that at the bottom of this post!

I've a make to share with you today ... got some new stash inked and deployed both snippets of card and some designer papers!

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and red, for my insert and matting layer
  • Designer Paper for my card front - Bo Bunny Silver and Gold collection
  • Snippets of card in white and red, for my sentiment strip and image panel
  • Aall & Create image (from TP-1319 - Jan 2026 - NBUS) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Once dry I used Arteza water colour brushes to add a little colour to my image, before trimming to size
  • Using a makeup brush and Memento rich cocoa ink, I applied a light layer of colour to my image panel
  • Washi Tape sentiment strip ... elsewhere on the card (instead of the washi tape) I stamped the Stampers Anonymous sentiment (from THMM155) using Versafine Clair strawberry ink.
  • Stardust stickles to add some sparkle to the mistletoe berries on my image panel

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. NBUS - challenge No. 82 - USE NBUS
  2. Crafty Calendar - January challenge - ANYTHING NEW
  3. Sweet Stampin' - January challenge - SOMETHING NEW
  4. Let's Craft and Create - challenge No. 227 - SOMETHING NEW
  5. Peace on Earth - challenge No. 103 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) MOOD BOARD



Been away for a birthday weekend (three birthday's very close together but none of them mine!) on the Devon/Cornwall border. The journey down wasn't as bad as we had expected and Saturday was fine and dry but the journey home on Sunday was in drizzle/heavy rain/drizzle! Still, I believe we all had a great time, even the lovely Riddick
The view Saturday morning

Tavistock on Saturday

Going shopping with them all CAN be
a bit like herding cats!!!

Playing pool and darts too

Birthday gift opening

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

Another lovely one to add to your pile for the end of the year.

Chris said...

A beautifully designed card using your lovely new stamps.
Thanks for sharing your photos- looks as if you had a great time, the photo of the river at Tavistock brought back a wonderful memory of the time my friend and I saw a Kingfisher there, the only time I have ever seen one.
Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

Sarn said...

Fab card and great composition xxx

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Peace on Earth Co-Owner

Pat said...

I love the prettty gold background paper Kathy, and the red and white vertical strip including the sentiment covered washi tape works works really well, and the A & C topper with the leaves and berries looks great over the top. I recognised the words from the carol 'O Holy Night' on it too..a beautiful card. x

Pat said...

Sorry, I forgot to say that the photos are lovely and I recognised that river walk as being Tavistock. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. x

Cheryl W. said...

Lovely card with a super layout! Thank you so much for entering it into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Tracey T said...

Love the combination of colours in your card, Kathy. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

SarahR said...

Hi there, such an elegant card. Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin', Sarah - DT.