Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ... I recently spotted this fab image being used and it reminded me that I hadn't used mine in a while .... cue the evolution of the card below! Always nice to get neglected stuff out, particularly when I got to use it with some brand new stuff too!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
- Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting layer
- Anita's Art deco "Happy Birthday" stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Paper Artsy image (ZN36) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne.
- On a previous occasion I had stamped the Paper Artsy image on to a full coverage post-it and fussy cut out so .... I placed this mask over my image before overlaying the Aall & Create stencil (#164 "stars & Rays" - Xmas 2025 - NBUS) and then, using a makeup brush, applied a layer of Versafine Clair strawberry ink - taking care not to stencil over the sentiment
- Once I removed the post-it mask, I used Arteza watercolour brush pens to colour my image and protected with a light application of Crafters Companion "Spray and Shine" - to protect the water colours
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- NBUS - challenge No. 82 - USE NBUS
- Stencil Fun - January challenge - ANYTHING STENCILLED GOES + (optional) ANYTHING WITH FOUR LEGS
- Neglected Stuff - January challenge - USE NEGLECTED STUFF
- Girlzmakeguyzcardz - challenge No. 35 - ANYTHING GOES (MEN)
- Unicorn Challenge - challenge No. 116 - BIRTHDAY
I was an Honorable Mention over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies earlier this week - thanks so much peeps.






4 comments:
What a super fun~fun stenciled card!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and The Neglected Stuff!
Diane SF, TNS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
That's a fun and quirky image and with some great watercolouring Kathy, and the stars and rays using that Strawberry ink makes a great background, and the art deco sentiment is a lovely finishing touch. Congratulations on your Hon. mention over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. x
What a fun and fab birthday card. Love the stencilled background.
Congrats on your honourable mention. xxx
Oh, I love this card. Thanks for entering you card at GMGC 🚗
"🎉 I have some super fun challenges going on, and it would be amazing if you joined in too! 🎨✨
📌 The links to the challenges can be found below. Are you in? 😄"
Toffe kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij GMGC 🚗
"🎉 Ik heb een aantal superleuke challenges lopen en het zou echt geweldig zijn als jij ook meedoet! 🎨✨
📌 De links naar de challenges vind je onderaan. Kom je ook meedoen? 😄"
Crea lieve Groetjes Claudia ❤️🦋❤️
Mijn FB pagina: Claudia's Kaartjes and more
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas (XMAS) 🎄
Girlz makes Guyz Cards (GMGC)🚗
Girlz creative crafts (GCC) 🌸
Creative sketchy girls (CSG) ❤️
Girlz Rebel Challenge (GRC) 🎈
Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap (GCFAOS) 🦋
Girlz & The Art of Letters (G&TAOL) 🎉
Girlz Creative: Splash it with color! (GC:SiwC!) 🌈
Creative Color girlz (CCG) 🎨
Post a Comment