Friday, 3 February 2017

Welcome to the start of the weekend!

Morning,

Friday has rolled around once more - but this one's the first in FEBRUARY .... January's done and dusted and we're in to February.

It's a pals birthday today so, Happy Birthday Naomi, in light of recent events it's likely to be a little more muted than usual but I still hope it's a good one for you.

I recently made a splatter card in bright colours and had almost forgotten just how much I do LOVE a splat!! Let's just say that, now I've remembered I had to make another!

My card
The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white (200gsm) card cut to 14.3 x 10cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of black card (200gsm) cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Stamplorations chevron image stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • Kaisercraft large splatter image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • 49 and Market small splatter image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Anita's sentiment stamped using Versafien onyx black ink
  • At this point I THOUGHT my card was finished, assembled it and photographed it before folding the centre crease ..... then I pondered that something might be missing .....
  • Stamplorations small coffee stain image stamped using Memento grey flannel - I deliberately chose a slightly darker grey to avoid it disappearing in to the large grey splatter! I hope you agree that it added something that had been missing



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Incy Wincy - Jan 16th to Feb 7th challenge - FOR THE MEN IN YOUR LIFE
  2. Happy Little Stampers - February challenge - USE BLUE
  3. Inky Chicks - challenge No. 78 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 172 - MASCULINE
  5. CASology - challenge No. 234 - YOUTH
 

If you visited my blog yesterday then you will know I received my latest batch of ATC swap materials from my buddy on the Isle of Skye. Like me, you may even have wondered what the heck I would do with them or, alternatively, you may have had a brilliant idea as to what you would have done with them and be checking in to see if thought transference worked!! Sadly, not!



Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card which I coloured with Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china and evergreen bough
  • I flicked water from my fingers, allowed to develop and then blotted the excess
  • Dimension Forth clear image (which I've had for years and seldom used) stamped using Memento gray flannel. It's not in the photo as it tore as I removed it from its packaging and went in the bin when I was done.
  • Whilst this dried I applied versamark ink to the hessian butterfly and then brushed with mica powders in pink and blue ...... when I was done this was a bit "too loud" so I applied Distress Ink in black soot 
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied over the mica powders/distress ink and left overnight to dry
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Caroline's mini butterflies stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and blinged up with stardust stickles
  • Faber Castell "S" thickness pitt pen to doodle a border across the bottom


I've even tried to co-ordinate my envelope with it ...

Obviously, the ATC is over the address but I hope you get the idea of coordination!
Can't remember the materials? Here they are again ... I fussy cut the tree image as I didn't want the to use those birds in the tree when the butterfly was three or four times the size



12 comments:

lilian said...

Love the card, Well done on what you made out of the things you had for the ATC swap,

Lilian

SARN said...

Absolutely fab grungy splatty birthday card mate.

Good job on the ATC front in adverse circ's!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great card - well done on the atc materials! x

Preety said...

very pretty card! love the cas design
cheers
preety

Viv said...

Great card Kathy and so many other beauties here too, well done again ;) Viv xx

Pat said...

A wonderful card Kathy using the splat and the speckling on top, and a great blue for the chevrons too. The ATC has worked out splendidly. Personally I had no idea what I would have done with what you were given but your imagination and sense of design have come to the fore and I love what you have done with the hessian buttterfly. x

Elle Kay said...

I love the splatter stamp on the first card, and how it is so clean and simple. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a fun collage of stamps on the first card, Kathy! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

hazelspaperdesigns said...

Wonderful cards, Kathy! Your first one just screams youth, and I love how you clustered all those grungy elements to create such a dynamic, fun CAS card! Beautifully executed! Love that you shared with us at CASology this week!

Furrbster said...

What a great technique - it looks fab!

Hugz Tinz

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Beautiful card! Great set. Thank you for sharing with us Happy Little Stampers CAS.
Bozen DT HLS

Anne said...

Hi there Kathy
What a gorgeous splatter design for your friend, and I do think that touch of blue really lifts it. Thanks for sharing the ATC too, looks fun.
Thanks so much for joining this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
Anne