Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning peeps,

I've a card to share with you this morning .. I was watching a youtube video (posted by Jennifer McGuire and which you can see at the end of this post) and thought to myself  "I'd like to CASE this". However, I wanted to make a more masculine card so, no flowers here! Check out my take on the resist embossing technique using Jennifer's tutorial, adding my own twist with scale ....... otherwise it's just copying, right?!

My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 14.3 x 10 and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of black card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippet of white card for my sentiment panel
  • Dina Wakely stars (2) stamped using versamark ink on my base panel (before applying clear embossing powder and heat setting) and Versafine onyx black ink elsewhere .... on the sentiment panel I sprinkled black sparkle embossing powder and heat embossed it too
  • Happy Little Stampers sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink which (on the sentiment panel ONLY) I used the embossing powder and heat set
  • Distress Inks applied, using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool: tumbled glass, faded jeans, hickory smoke and black soot making a much more masculine card - imagine this in pinks and oranges - perfect for a more girly look?
  • A quick spray of Crafters Companion spray and shine to seal the water based inks
  • I attached the image panel to the inked panel using dimensional foam tape



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 288 - SUPER SCRAPS SATURDAY - use snippets
  2. Sweet Stampin' - February 11th challenge - MASCULINE
  3. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 230 - ANYTHING GOES or EMBOSSING
  4. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Cardz4Guyz - challenge No. 157 - NO PATTERNED PAPER

And now, since it IS WOYWW (unfamiliar? That's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday), I'll share my desk with you - worryingly enough, STILL looking pretty tidy! 


And the video by Jennifer McGuire? As promised ....




12 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I spotted that tut' the other day and have been so wanting to give it a go! Well done you! Your card is fabulous. Such a cool 'boys' card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' crew this week. Love what you did for our 'Masculine' Challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

SARN said...

What a FAB result from your CASEing. LOVE this card and would def work well as a masculine card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I have watched this tutorial by Jennifer and your take on it with the stars and those great colours works wonderfully for this masculine card Kathy. x

Jane Willis said...

Super card, I love resist embossing and your card makes it into a stunning feature. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

lilian said...

Great card Mate,

Lilian

lilian said...

great video Kathy might have to try that
Lilian

Sherri said...

This is a great CAS card! Love the star theme and your background is beautiful! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
Mary

Trina P. said...

Great masculine card. Masculine cards are always needed. Love the colours you used and your blending is beautiful.

Nonni said...

Great take on Jennifer's tutorial, the resist techniques are so fab and always give striking results. Well done with blending!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is very pretty! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Sweet Stampin'!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x