Friday, 3 March 2017

It's nearly the weekend!

Morning all

Had a good week? Got a nice weekend planned


I have a Christmas card to share with you today too .. I had intended to make several each month and started the year so well that I got ahead of myself and then ... nothing, which means I'm now back to playing catch up. I bought this image just this week and, as soon as I saw him, I saw Santa!! Does that make me as crazy a bird as the collection of stamps from Tim Holtz?!?!?!


My card

The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12½ x 17cm white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 11½ x 16cm and 7½ x 11cm
  • Snippets of card for matting in both red and navy + snippets for Santa's hat and my sentiment
  • Paper Artsy ZN08 image, Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment and Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds accessory stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Kaisercraft gel black and Wink of Stella clear glitter pens and stardust stickles to bling up the "fur"



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Fairytale challenge - challenge No. 163 - YOUR FIRST or LAST STAMP - the P.A. image was my most recent purchase
  2. IKE'S World - challenge No. 83 - ANYTHING GOES + TWIST OF "USE A SENTIMENT"
  3. Seasons Greetings - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES (with the optional twist I didn't use of a colour combo)
  4. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 251 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Sweet Stampin' Christmas - February challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES



18 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness you are right he looks fab as a Santa, kind of regretting nit buying him now. There's always next time though lol. Hugs, Amanda x

SARN said...

So CUTE! Love that retro style font too xxx

lilian said...

That is so cute. Great card Kathy,

Lilian

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A brilliant fun card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Majo said...

Such a beautiful Christmas Card. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over the the Season's Greetings Blog!

Xox
Majo - DT ♥

Viv said...

Great Xmas card Kathy! and such a fun Santa image too ;) Viv xx

Gail said...

What a cute card and I love how you did the envelope, too? I never think about the envelope!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin! Hugs, Gail

Pat said...

This is so cute and such fun Kathy and adore the glittery fur round his hat, also another Christmas card towards your total. x

pavitra chanchal said...

Such a cute and adorable card. Thank you for joining at season's Greeting challenge
Hugs`
Pavitra
Team Koala

Lauren Hatwell said...

OMG! I LOVE IT! Doesn't she look great with her Christmas hat on! Top job Mrs. Lx

Borqna said...

Very pretty ! Great coloring. I love it.
Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges.
Good luck!

ike said...

Hahaha - that is so cool :-) I love that quirky little guy and he looks great in the Santa hat. Fabulous job :-D
Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Kati said...

What a nice hat - perfekt combination. Thanks for showing your beautiful card for the fairytale-challenge.

hugs
mamapia

Monika Reeck said...

Cute Image and I love the hat too with the glitter
sweet Christmas card
Many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika (ATSM DT)

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable and sweet image...love your cute card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the image and the conversion into Santa!
Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Denise Goeldner said...

Fabulous fun card, love the image and the added glitter, beautifully done. Thanks for joining over at Season's Greetings, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise ~
Owner {Season’s Greetings Christmas Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Bianca said...

What a stunning card! If you start to create your Christmas cards now you will have no stress at Christmas. That´s very clever! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Have a lovely day! xx Bianca DT