Saturday, 25 March 2017

It's Saturday, Rudolph Day and I have a couple of challenge makes to share ...

Hello readers and followers,

Having a domesticated 24 hours with housework (YUCK .. I  hear it won't kill you but ... I don't normally take the risk!) and cooking!!!! Well, actually, just making soup and I don't count that as cooking as I just bung it all in one pan with some stock and herbs and let it wurgle away - when it's done I hit it with the stick blender and serve! Easy peasy, lemon squezy!

It is my turn to present the Rudolph Day challenge over on Craftbubble2½ and I have chosen the theme of CANDY CANES for this.


My card
And a closer view of the image panel
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14.3 x 10 cm and 13.8 x 9.5cm
  • One piece of navy card cut to 14.3 x 10cm
  • Snippets of card in white and navy
  • Recollections candy cane image stamped on to white snippet using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crayola pencils used to colour: red orange, red, maroon, mahogany, yellow, golden yellowlight orange, mango, yellow orange, orange, tan, cool grey
  • I then applied stardust stickles and set aside to dry
  • Plaid dimensional gloss to cover the entire candy cane (inc the stickles) and allowed to fully dry before fussy cutting out the candy cane
  • Snippet of white card and a Tim Holtz Christmas stencil through which I applied Distress Ink in tumbled glass.
  • Once I removed the stencil I used the remaining colour on the blending too to just take the edge off the harsh whiteness of the card and then stamped the Paper Artsy "Happy Christmas" sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink, centrally across the bottom of the stencilled panel before attaching my now cut out candy cane using Tombow glue
  • I used narrow navy satin ribbon across the centre of the smaller of the two white card panels before matting on to the navy card
  • Tsukineko gelly roll white gel pen used to doodle a dotty border around the image panel
  • For the insert and envelope I used the same candy cane image and sentiment along with an additional Paper Artsy sentiment


Additionally, I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
  1. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - March challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Scraps of Life - Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. A snowflakes promise - March challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. The Holly and the Ivy - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES

And the next make ...


My card
And a closer view of my frame
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 12½cm square
  • One piece of red card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Snippet of white card from which I die cut a circle to fit the inside of my frame, to use as a mask
  • Glitzy frame image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink .. this is NBUS that I have been holding on to since 2012 and only JUST inked! Darnell would be so proud
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots image and Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Polychromos pencils and a blending pencil used to colour image
  • Faux crystal gems and a red (oil on water) gem added to bling it up as well as the obligatory stardust stickles!




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No.321 - USE A FRAME
  2. That's Crafty - March 10th challenge - BLING IT UP
  3. Craft Rocket - challenge No. 35 - MAKE IT FEMININE
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 234 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  5. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 34 - ANYTHING GOES/CLEAN AND SIMPLE

  

21 comments:

mamapez5 said...

A simple but great Christmas card. I love the high gloss finish on the candy cane and bow. That looks better than glossy accents. I must look out for some. I like the way you carry your images onto the envelope. Unfortunately the post office in our Spanish village does not approve of decorated envelopes, so I get told off when I do it! Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful Christmas card, love the gloss that you've got on the candy cane, I also love that you've carried the theme on on the inside and envelope too. A gorgeous Birthday card too.

Sue xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow! You are on fire here Kathy. Such wonderful and striking designs full of detail yet perfectly CAS. I'm loving that elegant vintage frame on the second one in particular and fab take on the challenge. Thanks for playing at Less is More this week.

lilian said...

Love both the cards mate, Loving the way the cane shines .

Lilian

SARN said...

Fab choice of theme for your Rudolph Day challenge Kathy. Great card too!

Also loving the look of your LIM Frame Card. Tres chic.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Such a pretty Christmas image Kathy, and I love the softly stencilled background and the glossy candy cane really stands out. Then your birthday card with that very stylish and prettily coloured lady looks great in the glitzy frame and love the red mat to tie in with the image. x

serendipity said...

Great Christmas card Kathy. I've not heard of Plaid Dimensional gloss, but will have to look out for it now. (lucky I'm off to a show tomorrow)
Love the birthday card, and so good to get an NBUS inky

Valerie Nolan said...

Love the glossy candy cane Kathy it looks very edible! Gorgeous LIM card love the image, beautifully coloured!
Val x

scrappymo! said...

Your Candy Cane card looks great! The shiny finish really catches the eye. As always, I love the way you finish the envelopes.

Using your inspiration, I managed to stamp most of my envelopes before I mailed them out as Xmas.
After that long winded fiasco of locating all the stamps, I am now stamping them at the time I make them. Whew! Much easier.

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

Creative world said...

Fabulous CAS card,stunning design and lovely coloring...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Esther said...

Fab cards Kathy! The candy cane looks great on the first card with its bright colours and glossy finish. Loving the stencilled text background too. Your second card is perfect for our "use a frame" challenge and looks so elegant with your fashionable lady and expanse of clean background. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Helen Haines said...

Fab cards, love the glossy look. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT

Linby said...

Just love that glossy candy cane a great Christmas card. Loving anything fashion related your LIM card is right up my street - lovely image and simple frame make for a wonderful CAS card.

MagsB said...

I love your CAS Christmas card, Kathy, the candy cane looks delicious!! And the frame on your second card is fabulous! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x

Barb said...

Two great cards Kathy. Your CAS lady looks gorgeous and I really like the stencilling behind your shiny candy cane. Barbxx

Gerrina said...

I'm not into decenbercards jet; first spring and sun and colour oyside please... But both cardsets look beautiful and that frame on theLIM-card is so elegant; a real beauty! Have a good and sunny week!

Sharon said...

Two beautiful cards Kathy. The glossy look on the first card is super and your frame with that glamourous and chic deco image is just perfect for our frame challenge. It really is a glorious frame. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby candy cane and i'm loving the fact it's all shiny too and thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Gail said...

Love that candy cane card! The way you made it shiny is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail

Tanja said...

great CAS cards - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

Lisa West said...

Gorgeous cards. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx