Sunday, 2 July 2017

Welcome to a summer Sunday ....

Morning all

Here we are in the middle of summer - how's the weather with you?

I participate in an ATC swap with a buddy on the Isle of Skye .. some of you may recall we used to swap materials but changed to THEMES earlier this year and July sees the theme of SEASIDE ... and what could be more evocative of seaside than beach huts and seagulls!?!?!??!

My ATC
And the co-ordinating envelope
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in bright blue, navy blue and white
  • All images by Crafty Individuals and stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
  • Plaid dimensional gloss on the windows and doors of the beach huts
  • Tsukineko white gelly roll gel pen used to doodle the wavy border



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to stamps - challenge No. 248 - HOLIDAY
  2. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES + OPTIONAL TWIST OF SUMMER COLOURS
  3. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 197 - SUMMER COLOURS
If you are a regular visitor to my blog then you will have seen a post back in May when I first spotted the "new to me" medium of "ZINES" ... it sparked an interest and I published my first one in this post, along with a video for those of you unfamiliar with the term "zines". I like the fact you make one "master" using a single piece of A4 paper (copier paper works about the best) and then colour copy by the number of people you wish to send to. This way they can be virtually flat to  mail out and avoiding the "large" rate postage - YAY!

I mentioned it on a private blog I belong to and there was interest so ... we went ahead and arranged a ZINE swap, six people signed up and made and copied their "zines" sending them to me to sort out and return to each, we chose the theme of FRIENDSHIP - want to see how differently six people see friendship?  Well, here is my "ZINE" .... obviously, it is my original zine that is mixed media with inking, stamping and colouring (using coloured pencils, gel markers etc)  and not the copies mailed out as they were just that - colour copies.

My front and back cover
Pages one and two
Pages three and four
Pages five and six
Flat pack 1
Flat pack 2
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Studio 490, Clearly Inspired, Inkadinkado, Chocolate Baroque, Kaisercraft, Precious Remembrance shop and Art Impressions
  • Stencils: Tim Holtz mini's - two from the same set
  • Inks: Distress Inks in carved pumpkin, twisted citron and picked raspberry. Ranger Archival in vibrant fuchsia, paradise teal, jet black.  Versafine onyx black
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils to colour
  • Kaisercraft gel markers to doodle borders



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. WeLove2Create - challenge No. 13 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. Mixed media world - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING GOES
And everyone else's? Give we all started with the same materials and brief (friendship) I'm delighted to report that they are all so very different!

The assembled "ZINES"
Debbie, Lilian, Clare, mine and Louise's
 
 Lilian's and Debbie's "ZINES"

 
Louise and Clare's "ZINES"

Want to make your own? Check out this video






7 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

I love beach huts and yours are colourful just as they should be! Fab ATC. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
Elaine

Pat said...

I love these CI beach huts on this pretty ATC and the ZINE swapping sounds like a great idea and everybody has come up with something so different. Your content is brilliant! x

Lillianb said...

Love the beach huts Kathy, Loved doing the Zine and it sparked my mind into writing again,

Lilian

Cara said...

Your ATC is so sweet and I love how the zine turned out!

Helen said...

Great ATC and I love your zine too!

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge and we hope to see you again next time.

Helen x

Maria Lillepruun said...

Curious creations! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media World!

Martina Bartušková said...

Lovely coloring on the huts, looks so real.