Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning all

I know crafting goes through phases .. I was recently in the U.S. and noted that the big box stores seem to be really keen on the stickers/peel offs. In the UK we did that a number of years ago ... and I had LOADS of them too. When we redecorated and moved my craft space around I decided the time had come to get rid of them all as I hadn't used them in YEARS. Gave many of them to a friend who childminds her grandchildren (all girls)  - her fridge is now adorned with artwork including these peel offs - so, not a total waste then! I also had more patterned paper than I could ever use and have moved towards more Clean And Simple makes AND prefer to make my own backgrounds so, guess what? The BOXES of patterned paper have been languishing in boxes and cupboards ... couple of years back I went to a scrap retreat and took a load with me - left them with a fellow attendee who ran a youth group so, again, not a total waste although I do wonder how much I spent acquiring these "bargains" now given away! WOW! Talk about making a short story long .... the reason I started this epic was to say .... unearthed one of the said boxes of patterned paper the other day - thought I should at least TRY to use some ...... you saw some deployed in yesterday's post and here's another piece deployed too! Woo Hoo - only about another ream (or three) to go!

My card
And a closer view of my image panel
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (white and DCWV linen textured olive) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of patterned paper DCWV from the winter stack cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Snippets of card in the olive and also white and red
  • Uptown Design Company Santa image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image, blended with sansodor
  • Length of red and gold ric rac braid (NBUS - something else I've had for years) attached to my base card layer using Stix2 narrow double sided tape
  • Dimensional foam tape used to attach my image panel to my card panel and again to my base card - probably making this a "hand delivery only" Christmas card!, another item I don't use too often, for this reason!
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the stars and "snowy" grounding
  • For the insert and envelope I added a sentiment by Paper Artsy (JOFY17) using Memento tuxedo black ink and faux ric rac braid (NBUS - in the drawer for so long I forget who it's by though my money is on either Recollections or Technique Tuesday .......... anyone???) stamped using Versafine satin red ink
  • Another piece of neglected stash .... Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen in gold used to draw a line through my stamped ric rac to co-ordinate it with the actual red/gold ric rac
I'm calling this a result as I've used a fair amount of sorely neglected stash AND NBUS along with making another Christmas card towards my 2017 quota! Yee Haa!

Does anyone recognise the border set on the left?
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. City Crafter - July 25th challenge - SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH "S" (I went with Santa!)
  2. The Holly and The Ivy - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Unicorn challenge - challenge No. 23 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 42 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
And yesterday I shared a sympathy card made using a Woodware floral image in black on white ... here's how fresh it looks simply using some different coloured accents


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one turquoise and one white) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Woodware image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stampendous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival paradise teal ink
  • Papermania tiny faux crystals used to further bling up the Thank You card




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - July 25th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 353 - BLACK, WHITE AND ONE OTHER COLOUR
  3. Ike's World - challenge No. 93 - ANYTHING GOES + optional (and used) theme of KINDNESS
This was the monochrome sympathy card ..

And here's a peek at my desk, since it IS Wednesday




8 comments:

SARN said...

I adore black and turquoise colour combo's so your second card really appeals to me. Love how CAS it is too.

Your Santa RD card is great too and uses up some old stash into the bargain. Brilliant! I've also had a bit of a clear out got rid of some ANCIENT papers I just will never use. Like you, I prefer to make my backgrounds these days!

Happy WOYWW xxx

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I love your Santa and the oblique striped paper with the ric rac go beautifully together Kathy and it's great to use up some old papers too. Like you I had a good sort out a while ago and decided to get rid of a lot of things I knew I would never use. I adore the pretty flower stem and the turquoise sentiment and background layer look great with it. x

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing at Holly & Ivy.
~DT Janis

Theresa Pace said...

love the crispness of your thank you card. great CAS card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Great looking Christmas card making good use of your stash. Thank you for sharing with us at Unicorn and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Cara said...

Two beautiful cards again, love how you added faux ric rac to the envelope, a genius touch x

Viv said...

Great makes here Kathy, I know what you mean about acquiring stuff then having to give it away...guilty as charged! I even have some of that background paper which is on your first card. Must get rid of more 'stuff' soon ;) Viv xx

Marina said...

Love your fun and folksy santa and your lovely Christmas colours. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.