Saturday, 23 February 2019

It's Saturday - what gives this weekend?

Morning readers,

After feeling really pretty pants for the last three weeks hubby and I have turned a corner and started to feel much more like our normal selves once more, rather than like the little monster in the ATC below!

My Artist Trading Card
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in blue and white
  • On the snippet of white card I stamped my Katzelkraft image (from KTZ212) using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • I used alcohol markers to colour the image and the background
  • Using my fab Paper Artsy splatter image (from HTPIX01) I stamped using Memento bamboo leaves and Bahama blue ink as well as Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia ink
  • I used a black Sakura gelly roll glitter gel pen to highlight the tail and whiskers and a white gelly roll gel pen to doodle the opposite corner detail
  • Finally, I added a quotation from the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology sticker book "small talk"

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting With An Attitude - challenge No 48 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Happy Craft Challenge - February challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 366 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING HAND COLOURED GOES
  5. Crafting With Friends - challenge No. 80 - ANYTHING GOES
And on to a Christmas card, using a prize I won not too long ago ....


My card
A closer view of the image
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to fit
  • One piece of navy card, cut to mat
  • Wild Rose Studio image (CL461 - snowmen) stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink, sprinkled with WOW! super fine clear embossing powder which was then heat set
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
  • Crafters Companion sentiment (from GEM-ST-FESTP) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Diamond stickles used to add some bling to my card

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Winter Wonderland - February challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  2. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 178 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  3. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 428 - CHRISTMAS
  4. Sweet Stampin' Christmas - February challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  5. Addicted To Stamps - challenge No. 329 - CAS (Clean And Simple)


9 comments:

Sue - said...

Glad you’re starting to feel better Kathy, great little monster!

Sarn said...

Ha ha ha . . .that's one crazy critter on the ATC and a cute snowman family on the Xmas card.

Very diverse!

Glad you and Mr K are feeling better.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Glad ýou and hubby are now finally on the mend, actually can tell by the fact that you have posted two things today, one of your quirky monsters on the ATC and a beautiful card with the cute snowmen, and both so prettily coloured too. x

Sherri said...

Delightful card! Love the wacky image! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Maud's Creations said...

Cute ATC Kathyk, love the bright cheer colours. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Gerrina said...

I think that little monster is a perfect image to show how you two were not in your normal 'hum'! And what a beautiful snowman stamp! You are so early...and organized! Hugs, Gerrina

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable...just love your sweet family of snowmen! So cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card. Thanks for sharing at FabnFunky and CASS this time.

Rocky said...

Sweet, who doesn't love a snowperson family?! Thank you for joining us at CASS.