Monday, 4 February 2019

Monday and the start of another week

Morning readers,

Having been away from home from Friday until Saturday and then having a party on Saturday evening, this has been the first chance to run up my LIM entry for this challenge - hope you like it. I love the eccentric images from this Katzelkraft set and the sentiment just seemed so perfect!


My card
And a closer view of the faux mother of pearl paper piecing
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of navy and one piece of yellow/white chevron card, cut to mat
  • Katzelkraft image (KYZ212 "Les Aviateurs") image stamped using Memento tuxedo black and Versafine Clair nocturne inks, including stamping on to a piece of faux mother of pearl yellow washed watercolour paper which I then fussy cut and paper pieced
  • Copic markers used to colour image
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment (New Day stamp set) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink and, on the card front, sprinkled with WOW! superfine clear gloss embossing powder and heat set
  • Anita's dimensional gloss and diamond stickles to embellish
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 388 - NAVY AND YELLOW
  2. Catch The Bug - February challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Jo's Scrap Shack - challenge No. 267 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 345 - USE SNIPPETS
  5. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 99 - ANYTHING GOES
 

14 comments:

Sarn said...

Ha ha ha . . . well THAT sentiment goes perfectly with the quirky image! Fun card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the great image that you've used for this card, it's fantastic.

Sue xx

Pat said...

What a fun Katzelcraft image Kathy, and the sentiment is just perfect with it, also a really pretty chevron paper for the background and a great finished look with the stickles and dimensional gloss too. x

Joy Wilson said...

I love your creation! So fun! Thanks for playing along!
Hugs, Joy DT member
Catchthebugblog.blogspot.com

Di said...

Totally brilliant card Kathy - as Sarn says, the image and sentiment certainly are perfect together as well. Once again you cracked the LIM look - and still managed to do some clever paper piecing I see.

Hugs

Di xx

Lillianb said...

Loving the image Kathy, great card

lilian

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun card and image, do love these characters. Emma

Claire said...

Love this image - it looks like me after a couple of wines! The shiny, googly eyes look fab!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a fab card Kathy and those Katzelkraft images look like great fun to use. I love the gloss on the eyes and that yellow block border really pulls it all together beautifully. Thanks for joining in the fun at Less is More xx

Julie Odil said...

Yes, that sentiment is perfect! Great, vibrant card. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug for our Anything Goes Challenge. Julie O, DT member

Lisa Lynn said...

What a fun card. Love the eyes and the sparkle along with the sentiment. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug, Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Cardsbymaaike said...

great card, I love KAtzelkraft. Was wondering what was keeping your entry away lol

HilaryJane said...

Love this card, really fun and different. Those eyes.........................
xx

Neets B said...

I'm so late as usual, Kathy! lol
What a super fun card, I love that image and it's perfect with that sentiment. Incorporating the challenge colours into that eyecatching border was a great idea too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x