Monday, 27 January 2020

Monday, here comes another week but there (almost) goes January!

Morning readers,

Hope you had a great weekend and managed to stay warm, avoiding frost, ice and fog of last week - tricky wasn't it? Oh and don't get me started on the drizzly rain of yesterday ... there I was, enjoying my morning constitutional and, before I knew it, I was sopping wet!! It was the kind of rain that gets you wet before you realise it. I finally realised it at about the furthest point from home so there was nothing for it but to suck it up and keep walking! When I got home, I peeled off the layers of wet clothing and chucked them all in the wash!

I've a make to share with you today ..... this time specifically made (unusually for me) to fit both a sketch and colour challenge ..


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of navy card, cut to mat
  • Using low tack tape I masked off the shape, using the sketch as a "pattern" before taping my Dylusions stencil (DYS34261) over the top and applying inks through the stencil using a makeup brush - Memento rosebud, bamboo leaves and Paris dusk
  • After removing the stencil I stamped the Ranger Letter-It sentiment using Versafine Clair twilight ink
  • Once everything was totally dry I took my clear glitter gel brush pen (Wink of Stella) and traced over the inked sections, to give it a subtle sparkle which, sadly, does NOT show up in my photo - sorry!


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. CAS(E) This Sketch - challenge No. 356 - SKETCH - see below
  2. Colour Throwdown - challenge No. 577 - COLOUR CHALLENGE - see below
  3. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 491 - WEEK 4 - ALL OCCASIONS (except Christmas!)
  4. Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 181 - BIRTHDAY + USE STENCILS
  5. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 297 - ANYTHING GOES


  

And another card, made to fit several challenges, check it out

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of neon pink card, cut to mat
  • Snippets of card in white and pink - for image panel, sentiment panel/matting and embossed panel
  • Generic stitched circle dies to cut my image circle
  • Darice floral embossing folder into which I placed one of my snippets of pink card before running through my Big Shot
  • Craft Stamper free butterfly image stamped on to my white snippet which I then die cut in to a stitched circle
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment (from WTF!) stamped using a Versafine Clair nocturne ink pad
  • Memento rosebud ink used to stamp my "hand stamped by" on the reverse of my card
  • Using double sided tape I "glitzed up a strip" but, sadly, I could NOT persuade my foil to stick evenly to the pesky tape, my quickie glue pen had dried up through lack of use so is now nestling in the bin! I used my hot foil pen without any more success before I came up with the idea that glitz could just as easily be glitter as foil ...... so, stardust stickles to the rescue! I also used them to add yet more twinkle to the butterfly



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Freshly Made Sketches - challenge No. 419 - SKETCH - see below
  2. Allsorts - challenge No. 556 - TAKE FLIGHT
  3. Inskpirational - challenge No. 205 - GLITZ A STRIP
  4. Just Us Girls - challenge No. 520 - PHOTO INSPIRATION - see below
  5. Sweet Stampin' - January 25th challenge - USE YOUR SCRAPS


 

I also discovered that I was a winner over at the Your Next Stamp challenge blog and would like to thank them for picking my entry as the winner of their $15 gift voucher, it's always so nice to find someone likes your work, isn't it? See below for my prizewinning entry


13 comments:

Sarn said...

Love both cards you've made here.

CONGRATS on winning with your bike ATC too.

Happy Monday! xxx

Pat said...

Two fantastic cards Kathy and the geometric look and the colours on the first, and the pretty pink embossed background looks great with tbe beautiful butterfly, also congratulations with your win over at Your Next Stamp Challenge too. x

serendipity said...

Congrats on your win. Well deserved, it's a cracking piece.

Lori said...

Great use of the stencil here! I bet the sparkle from the glitter looks fantastic IRL. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

brenda said...

A lovely Butterfly creation and really effective design, many thanks for joining in with our 'Take Flight' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Lillianb said...

Two grreat makes Kathy and congratulations on your win

Lilian

Ina G said...

Gorgeous butterfly card Kathy. Thanks for sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Nance said...

Lovely cards. Love the streamer looking effect on the first one with the stencil. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.





Mummylade said...

Such a wonderful project. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Nancy said...

Love this card! Such a clever design and array of colors! Thrilled you played along with our last challenge at STB and our new one started today! I hope you will join us again!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marlena M. said...

I'm so glad you kept with the glitz~this looks so pretty! Love the embossing too! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Nonni said...

What a fun layout! I love the added glitz, it goes together so well with the girly, pink look! Very stylish and contemporary looking card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!