Morning readers,
How's your weekend looking? Started mine with a bang (rather than a whimper) by going out to dinner with a pal, we went to a local Thai restaurant and enjoyed a lovely evening. Hubby? Well, as it happens, he was on a boys night out in Plymouth! At least NEITHER of us had to cook - reSULT!
I've a make to share with you today .... a grungey layered stamping Artist Trading Card
How's your weekend looking? Started mine with a bang (rather than a whimper) by going out to dinner with a pal, we went to a local Thai restaurant and enjoyed a lovely evening. Hubby? Well, as it happens, he was on a boys night out in Plymouth! At least NEITHER of us had to cook - reSULT!
I've a make to share with you today .... a grungey layered stamping Artist Trading Card
![]() |
| My Artist Trading Card |
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in cream and DCWV pearlised blue
- On the cream snippet and using a makeup brush, I applied Distress Ink in stormy sky over the entire panel and chipped sapphire around the outer edge
- Paper Artsy images (from ESA01) stamped using D.I. stormy sky and Memento London fog
- Dimension Forth motorcycle image and Studio112 sentiment (from 60.30536 but only partially) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Once everything was dry I gave it a quick application of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to protect the water based inks
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Happy Little Stampers - January ATC challenge - MASCULINE
- Your Next Stamp - challenge No. 130 - SHADES OF BLUE
- CardzTV - challenge No. 106 - ANYTHING GOES
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 381 - ANYTHING GOES
- Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 166 - ANYTHING GOES

And, since there's a new challenge today ... a CAS (Clean And Simple) card (or two!). I've had both a wedding and anniversary card on my list for a couple of weeks but lacked inspiration to make either. I remembered that it had been ages since I entered Darnell's "TWOFER" challenge and checked it out ... hearts was the theme, it was like it was meant to be!! Darnell's challenge insists that you make two cards using the same image but for two different occasions - perfect. I hope you agree ...
![]() |
| Cards 1 and 2 |
![]() |
| Card 1 |
The front back and inside of my card (#1) along with the front and back of my envelope
![]() |
| Card 2 |
The front, back and inside of my card (#2) along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- Two C6/A2, 250gsm cards with matching sized envelopes
- Four pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of gold and one piece of red card, cut to mat
- Stamps used: Inkadinkado hearts (97637), TCP (S.5845-CL, Rubbadubbadoo "Love doesn't .." and Rubber Stampede "Wedding"A2147E
- Inks Used: Versafine morning mist, tulip red and nocturne, Memento rosebud
- Stencils used: Carabelle and Stamplorations
- Additionally: Clear embossing powder and self adhesive faux crystals, post it to use (stamped and cut out) as a mask whilst stencilling
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 411 - OFF CENTRE (Card 3 - see below, since my original make above didn't adhere to the OLC rule, something I had failed to observe!!!!)
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 490 - CAS (Card 2)
- Allsorts - challenge No. 555 - MORE THAN A SINGLE WORD (Card 1)
- Twofer challenge - challenge No. 23 - HEARTS (1 & 2)
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 177 - ANYTHING GOES (Card 2)
- As You Like It - January 16th challenge - ANYTHING GOES (Card 2)
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 462 - ANYTHING GOES (Card 1)
- Southern Girls - January 9th challenge - ANYTHING GOES (Card 1)
- Through The Purple Haze - challenge No. 163 - ANYTHING GOES (Card 1)
- A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 108 - ANYTHING GOES (Card 2)
- Perfectly CAS - challenge No. 5 - ONE LAYER (Card 3 below)


It wasn't until Maaike pointed out that my card SHOULD have been ONE LAYER that I realised my mistake - thanks Maaike. Do pop along to her blog and check out her card which WAS one layer, first time around too!
Right, seconds out .. round two - I couldn't resist just correcting my "one Layer" mistake so .... here it is my ONE LAYER version of the card above - one which I CAN (and will) enter over at the Simply Less Is More challenge! No list of materials as I used the materials above
![]() |
| Technically this is Card 3! |












34 comments:
Love the ATC . . . quite masculine . . . and wonderfully inked up.
Super CAS anniversary and wedding cards too. Top marks.
Happy Saturday xxx
Love your Less is More card, but I can't see , is it all one layer? Cos that's some impressive stamping and masking then..well done
Oh Maaike, I can't tell you how many times I've done this - sadly, no, it's not one layer - back to the drawing board! Thanks for letting me know, I'll go and remove my entry
Kathyk
Great makes Kathy, Love the motor bike on the ATC
Lilian
I've now put right my One Layer error and the one layer version appears in this post but at the bottom! DOH!
Kathyk
love this card too, still ipressive stamping and inking ;-)
Wonderful wedding and anniversary cards Kathy! So glad the Twofer Challenge could help you out with getting those both made! They are both CAS and just lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)
My goodness Kathy you must craft like the wind to get all of these cards made! I can't tell you how many times I've missed the crucial one layer bit of a challenge too :/ I love your heart cards, both with layers and without! The stencil backgrounds are perfect. And I love the depth your gorgeous background has given the motorbike on your ATC too. Enjoy your weekend! Vicky x
Cool cards. Your final off center heart design is very pretty. Hugz
Great ATC Kathy, and love your twofers/threefers! Happy weekend xxx
Some beautiful hearts here Kathy and love the stencilled backgrounds too, so pretty. How frustrating to find it was a OLW over at LIM but you put this right in double quick time wit another similar card. I love the anngled shaped to the background too. x
Sorry Kathy I just suddenly realised that I forgot to mention your motorbike ATC. A great image and another wonderful background, but stamped this time and love the colours. x
Some lovely creations here Kathy and a super Wedding Day card. Thank you for joining our 'Use a sentiment' challenge at Allsorts.
Kath x
It's such a great idea to make two cards using the same image, at the same time - even if one gets to stay in your stash box for later use. Yours are wonderful! Love your ATC too! Thanks for sharing these with us at Penny's!
Linda
A post full of lovely creations and the wedding card is beautiful, thanks so much for joining in with our 'More than a Word' theme at Allsorts challenge.
B x
Some wonderful makes here, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx
What a fabulous array of creativity, Kathy! I particularly like the wedding day card - I can see that design being copied by Hallmark!
Hugs
Carol x
Your two wonderfully cas cards are a welcome addition to the Twofer Challenge Gallery. Two different designs and two different occaisions! Thanks for playing along.
Fabulous array of cards, Kathy ! Love your twofer cards and your "special" LIM card ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.
How many times has that happened to me Kathy, you get so focused on your card you totally forget the theme. Still your second attempt certainly works as did the first without being OL!
Thanks for popping by and linking up at Perfectly CAS. :)
Oooh, a THREEFER! And all three are gorgeous. I too have often been so caught up with an idea that I've missed the main point of a challenge, it happens a lot when creativity takes over doesn't it? But since it pushed you to create yet another gorgeous card I reckon it was a bonus.
Jane
Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge
Some lovely makes! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Cas.
A fabulous grungy background for your motorbike, perfect for our Masculine challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers ATC. Caz. DT.
What a bonanza, Kathy! I love your masculine ATC and your triplet of heart cards! Great job with all the challenges! Your cards are CASlicious and I love the stenciling! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary challenge! Hugs, Darnell
Fab projects!
Thanks for joining the Happy Little Stampers ATC team for our "Masculine" challenge!
Lovely words! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Awesome cards! Love the monochromatic look :)
Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & Welcome back!
♥ DT Tindaloo
A beautiful make for our off center, one layer make for Less Is More. I love that you used pink and red. Wonderful design. Always a joy to hve you play with us!
Both beautiful CAS cards.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.
Your ATC card is lovely. Like how you did the background
and your sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Pattie's
Creations Design Challenge.
Amazing cards!
Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.
Hugs,
Larissa
It seems fitting to have grunge and motorcycles on a masculine atc. Awesome job on the ATC, Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ATC challenge for January.
All lovely creations, Kathy, and well done for recreating your card as a one layer. Fits perfectly with both challenges. Thank so much for sharing at Less is More and Perfectly CAS, Anita x
All great creations - but considering the ATC - Love the background and the image is perfect!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for ATC Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!
Post a Comment