Morning readers,
Not sure how you all feel about this recent heatwave but ... I was DELIGHTED to wake up to find it was 19°! Now this is normally warm but with it being around 29°c at the same time yesterday it felt FABULOUS! Stay safe, stay hydrated peeps.
I was away when the new LIM challenge launched so, despite the sweltering weather ... here's my take on the challenge!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and Christmas red, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of leftover card in white and Christmas red, for my image panel
- Inkadinkado image (from 60.30984) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink - I used my MISTI for stamping this silhouette, just in case I needed to re-ink to get a nice even black image
- Paper Artsy sentiment (from JOFY17) stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- Crystal stickles, to bling up my traditional mantelpiece
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 469 - TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS
- Allsorts - challenge No. 685 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 603 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) USE A DIE CUT OR PUNCH
- TGIFriday - challenge No. 377 - HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
- Perfectly CAS - challenge No. 28 - FESTIVE
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in white and Costco 300gsm double sided
- On the Costco double sided paper I stamped both my Kaisercraft "script" image and my Studiolight checker image (from SL362) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- StudioLight iamges (from SL362) stamp0ed using Memento gray flannel and Versafine Clair nocturne inks
- Using a makeup brush I applied Memento gray flannel and Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia inks to my white card panel
- Sharpie pens in pink and black, to edge my ATC layers
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Love To Craft - challenge No. 69 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 235 - ANYTHING GOES
- Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 196 - ANYTHING GOES
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2229 - ANYTHING GOES
- TTCRD - July 19th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And some more pix of our lovely break in Peterborough ......
![]() |
| Thought we'd stepped back in time, parked in our hotel parking lot! |
![]() |
| Ferry Meadows, Nene Park, Peterborough |
![]() |
| Guess this is why it's called Ferry Meadow! |
![]() |
| Swans at Nene Park, Peterborough |
![]() |
| Main course of steak (top) and wild mushroom in a herb suet crust at the Black Horse - DELICIOUS |
![]() |
| Sticky toffee pudding (top), Key Lime cheesecake (bottom) both ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS |



















14 comments:
Super CAS Christmas card for the Less is More Challenge.
BRILLIANT ATC too. I love that one!
Nice to see more photo's of your trip too. Mmm - that herby suet pud looks divine!
xxx
I have to say Kathy that I totally agree with you about the temperature today! Great card for LIM!
Brilliant CAS Christmas card Kathy … very stylish. Thanks so much for joining in with my “Christmas In July” theme at Allsorts. Another brilliant ATC too - love the background layer, sentiment and in fact everything about it
Pauline xx
Up at 5am and really appreciated the cool breeze this morning!
Great CAS Christmas card and a fab ATC too. Your hol pics look good especially the key lime cheesecake.
Great card and ATC Kathy, Not been out yet, Catching up on all the chores that have not been done for a lone time, Out tomorrow as walking to my daughters,
Take care
Lilian
I love the cute hanging stockings silhouette image from Inkadinkado Kathy and the red matted layers and sentiment go beautifully, then the lovely ATC with th purple blended ink and a wonderful mix of stamping gives a great background for the inspiring sentiment and more great photos too. x
Such a lovely CAS Christmas card! That's a charming mantle image. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.
Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Christmas in July;-))m
What a great CAS Christmas card Kathy! I love the elegant look of the simple but detailed images. Thanks so much joining us at LIM challenge! Have a good day!! :)
Fun ATC card and beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.
Super card as always Kathy. I'm also pleased that the heatwave is over, I really struggle in heat now I'm old (ha ha), I'm hoping it doesn't make a return appearance.
Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.
Fabulous cards.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT
Lovely card Kathy. I hope that the temperatures have continued to be more pleasant for you. Thank you for entering the Die Cut/Punch Challenge at CHNC.
That's a super cas card, Kathy. The red really pops with the black and white! Thanks for playing along with us at Perfectly CAS this month!
Post a Comment