Friday, 30 January 2026

TGIF peeps, have a good day

Morning readers,

How's your week been? We've had an interesting week ... LOTS of rain!! Dinner with friends on Monday, dinner with family on Thursday, yes, it's been a good week (except for the part about all that rain!) and we're looking forward to s good weekend too, hope you all have something nice planned over the weekend.

I've a make to share with you today ... I saw a card that took my fancy so I CASE'd it, it was by Nancy Elrick and I loved her CAS design. Obviously, I don't have the exact stamps and didn't want to copy EXACTLY anyway so, I hope you like my interpretation too.

Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and envelope
  • Card in white and hot pink, for my card front, insert and matting layer
  • American Crafts "Happy" sentiment (from set #34873) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Hero Arts paint splatters (from AC026 "brush strokes") stamped using Versafine Clair charming pink and strawberry inks
  • Unbranded "birthday" sentiment stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Stardust stickles, to add some birthday sparkle

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 333 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT
  2. Seize the Birthday - challenge No.319 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) RAINBOW OF COLOUR (not sure this make QUITE fits the optional topping so I'm going with the ATG option!)
  3. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 351 - ANYTHING GOES .. and a big welcome back to this challenge too
  4. Make My Monday - challenge No. 270 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  5. Stamps + Fun = Creativity - challenge No. 488 - ANYTHING GOES

And Nancy Elrick's original?

7 comments:

Sarn said...

What a smashing birthday card. So CAS and cool. This one is great for a feminine birthday, but in different colours it would be great for a masculine card xxx

Aquarius said...

Great interpretation of a super idea which could well be a card for many different occasions/recipients. Shame about the rain - I'm sure we've had more than our fair share but apparently there's more to come 🙄

Liz said...

Super CAS card, Kathy.
Liz xx

Pat said...

This is simple but very effective with the pink and red inky stripes, and the sentiment works brilliantly with the 'happy' in the centre and the 'birthday' on the slant in a bit of white amongst the lower stripes..perfect. x

Pamela said...

thank you for sharing this CAS card with us at MMM

Doris P. said...

Great idea. I love the color combination. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

JulieP said...

I can see why you were drawn to her design. Both cards are really great but I really love your pink version. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!