Sunday, 11 June 2017

Easy like Sunday morning ..

Morning all,

I do love Sundays, all the frantic rush at the start of the weekend, to get the laundry, shopping and cleaning etc. done is all over (except, perhaps, the ironing!) and you can just chill today! Well, that's how I view Sundays.

Anyhoo, it USUALLY means I can find a smidge of time to craft too! A pal recently mailed me this fabulous Viva Las Vegas plate (being a fan of Doctor Who) and I could hardly wait to cut out the images (they come as one sheet of unmounted rubber) ......... once I'd stamped the image and sentiment and whilst I was colouring I set to thinking it would make a quirky get well card ...... and so, that's what it became!


My card
And a closer view of the TARDIS
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • White card cut to 9½ x 14cm - for insert
  • Snippets of card in white, black and navy - offcuts from matting cut from A4 card - great strips and, apparently, perfect for this!)
  • Viva Las Vegas (Plate #925) image stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image and background
  • Viva Las Vegas (same plate) sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Viva Las Vegas circuit board image (same plate) stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 285/286 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Inkspirational - challenge No. 136 - WINDOWS (there are four shown in this TARDIS!)
  3. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 247 - ANYTHING GOES or MASCULINE
  4. Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 135 - FOR THE BOYS (use a masculine image)
  

13 comments:

Lillianb said...

Great card Kathy ans lovely colouring.

good luck with the challenges

Lilian

SARN said...

Very novel get well card mate.

Happy Sunday! Xxx

Di said...

What a fun and really novel Get Well card Kathy! Clever idea :)

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

That is certainly a quirky get well card Kathy and I love the way you have coloured the image. x

Cara said...

Genius idea to make it into a get well card! Love it x

Marina said...

Great idea for a get well card. Me and my ten-year-old love watching Dr Who (in fact, just finished watching last night's episode). Great card. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Sherri said...

What a great idea for a get well card! It's sure to make the recipient chuckle! Thanks for joining our QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

Liz said...

Great card, Kathy. What a fabulous image and I love the sentiment. xx

Aquarius said...

Who doesn't like Dr.Who - great card for the snippets challenge and something a bit different

Dorothy S said...

That is a clever idea for a get well card - and fun coloring, too. Thanks for joining the QKR Stampede Anything Goes challenge (option, for the guys)this week.
Dorothy S, DT member

cm said...

A most clever Dr. Who get well card! Makes me smile! So delighted you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card, I love the Dr Who theme.

Sue xx

Vic said...

Super card! I like the way you stamped on the envelope too...nice touch! thanks for entering our challenge at Patties Creations - Vic, DT x