Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Welcome to WOYWW!

Morning readers,

Hope your week is going well and that you are finding time to craft (or whatever hobby gives you joy). Is it hot enough for you? Crikey - was it me or was it HOT at the weekend? I had my cool towel almost permanently round me! Cool towel? ..... check here. Today is scheduled to be hotter still ... if anyone wants me, I'll be camped out - in my fridge!

I'm stuck making ATC's right now, didn't specifically decide on that but just keep making them! I've another to share with you now ....

My ATC
Materials used:-
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of Costco's double sided paper - patterned side used
  • Snippet of white card
  • Viva Las Vegas plate #921 image and Stamplorations sentiment (from the noteworthy set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Image coloured using Marvy le plume II alcohol markers, including background
  • Creative Expressions border image (from their arty background set) stamped using Ranger Archival paradise teal and the dots from the same set stamped using Ranger Archival library green
  • Tsukineko gelly roll white gel pen used to highlight text and doodle a border
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the hat and shorts!



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Sentiments - June 20th challenge - ADD A SENTIMENT
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - June 20th-26th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 164 - ANYTHING GOES
It's been so hot that I thought I'd try making a Christmas card - to see if it might cool me down .. sadly not! Oh well, worth a try!


My card
The inside of my card
Materials used:
  • Navy 300gsm card die cut in to a scallop edged circle and a much smaller plain circle - to mat the sentiment
  • White 200gsm card die cut to two slightly smaller circles and a much smaller circle (for sentiment)
  • Kaisercraft mini grid stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Kaisercraft script stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter stamped using Versafine satin red ink
  • Cartabella truck and tree image and Penny Black circular sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the sentiment circle
  • Plaid dimensional gloss on the truck




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble 2½ (membership required) - June/July Rudolph Challenge - SHAPED CARDS
  2. Holly and the Ivy - challenge No. 8 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Ike's World - challenge No. 91 - ANYTHING GOES + OPTIONAL TWIST OF BLUE CHRISTMAS
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - June challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

And, since it's WOYWW, here's the messy desk/colouring station




I also found out that I was the May winner over at Dragons Lair - thanks peeps


  
This was the card which won me the prize

14 comments:

Lillianb said...

Love the image on the ATC mate great makes Qell done.

lilian

Borqna said...

Love your ATC!
Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges.
Blessings,
Borqna

SARN said...

What a fabulous looking card and ATC.

The white highlights on the ATC really MAKE that sentiment. Loving the shape of your Christmas card too!

Mega squelchingly hot here today! Can't wait to nab an ice cream from the freezer when I get home!

Stay cool with your stay cool towel Sistah!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

ike said...

Such a great shape for a Christmas card.Sorry it didn't cool you down any !! :-D
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at The Holly & Ivy.
~DT Janis

Pat said...

Firstly congratulations for your win over at Dragons Lair Kathy, and love your ATC with that cute and funny image and the sentiment stands out beautifully with the white gel pen highlights, and then the Christmas card with the scalloped circle shape looks great and the grid design with the red spatters goes perfectly in the background. x

catherine said...

Glad to see you can still keep crafting in this heat Kathy!! I have the craft room window open all the time-lol
x catherine

Cara said...

Come on, the colouring station is in nooooooooo way messy! I'd be delighted if my table of doom looked that good.
Love the quirky ATC and the Christmas card is fab, You probably needed to add more snow to it to cool you down. Thanks for the heads up about the towel x

Sall said...

It's great atc or not I LOVE the image on it. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Marja's kaarten said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Marja GDT

laurigami monchat-byscrap said...

So gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

Julie said...

Great cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Extra Challenge
Julie T

Mimi said...

What a fabulous take on our Blue Christmas challenge, just love the vehicle with the tree in the back, super cool :) :) :) Thank you for taking the time to enter our challenge at Ike's World and the best of luck. xxxxxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Great Christmas Card!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
Susan
DT for CHNC Extra!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!