Friday, 16 July 2021

Friday and the working week draws to a close .....

Morning readers, 

Here's hoping this post finds you all fit and well and having had a good week. I hope you all have something nice planned for the weekend too, fingers crossed there will also be some sunshine.

I enjoyed a lovely catch up with a pal yesterday, over a tasty lunch .... we were debating how long it's been since we last caught up and we reckoned it was August last year - crikey, almost a year. In fact, if was probably around the same time as I last put petrol in my car (on the grounds we don't live in the same town!)!!! Thanks for making the journey pal, my fuel warning light came on as I started up to come home - memo to self: must put some fuel in the car before going much further!

I've a make to share with you today ....... I had one image from a Carabelle set (the small circles) which had never seen ink, so I set about rectifying that with today's project!!!

My C6 card .. and, below:
The front/back/inside of my card and the front/back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White,250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and mid grey, cut to fit and mat
  • Piece of scrap card, die cut with an aperture, to use as a mask
  • Using a makeup brush I applied Distress Oxide kitsch flamingo over my masked panel with just a hint of candied apple to the corners
  • Carabelle image (from SA60156) stamped using Memento gray flannel ink
  • Unknown unmounted rubber grasses image (I've had it at least 10 years so have zero chance of remembering where it came from!) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Clearly Besotted sentiment (from brushed sentiments) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 500 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. NBUS - challenge No. 28 - USE NBUS
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 212 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2128 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Crafting Happiness - challenge No. 104 - ANYTHING GOES

Earlier in the week, I made a 4" square Kraft card using a Paper Artsy star stencil, I really liked the design (which I made in to a Christmas card) and thought it would rock a masculine birthday card - check it out and see if you agree.

My 4" square card and, below:
The front/back/inside of my card and the front/back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • Kraft, 300gsm, 4"x4" card and matching envelope
  • Card in Kraft and black, cut to fit and mat
  • Stencils used: Paper Artsy PS020, Tim Holtz THMS059
  • Inks used: Distress Oxide black soot and candied apple
  • Stamps used: Uniko sentiment, from Anniversair Art Decoratif

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. The Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 251 - ALL OCCASIONS
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - July 13th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 568 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  5. A Bit More Time To Craft - July 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

8 comments:

Sarn said...

The star card totally rocks as a male birthday card.

Absolutely love the first card too and the way the grasses just peek over the top edge of the inky rectangle.

Have a good weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
:) Janis, Owner & Design Team

Pat said...

I love the grasses over the masked rectangle and the little circles look great stamped in the background Kathy, and that wonderful star featured again for a masculine birthday this time and looking good on the kraft card, and I love the geometric stencilling within and the sentiment obliquely over the top. x

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully done, Kathy, and the simple design of those lovely grasses is wonderful! Thank you so much for playing with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Saphron said...

Beautiful cards. Lovely C&S design. Love that the reeds come out of the rectangle of colour.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Jana Forrest said...

Kathy your card may be simple but it does pack a punch. Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana

N-Eva said...

Great card love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Mari said...

Such a beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.