Monday, 19 July 2021

Monday and another week off and running .....

Morning readers, 

Here's hoping you all enjoyed your weekend and managed to stay cool in the extreme temperatures some of us had. I found it a little tricky to get to sleep, if I'm honest.

I've a make to share with you today ....... here's hoping that surrogate grandson will pass his driving test first time, if he does, I'm ready with the celebratory card!

My C6 card and, below, the front, back and inside of my card
and the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and deep purple
  • Kanban image (from Retro Cars 18-21) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, including on to a full coverage post it which I cut out to use as a mask
  • With my mask in  place and using a makeup brush I applied Distress Oxide black soot and Adirondack purple twilight inks through my Imagination Crafts faux brick stencil
  • After removing the mask I coloured my image using Faber Castell polychromos pencils
  • Picture This Worms sentiment (from Love and Pride 036) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. A Bit More Time To Craft - July 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Creatalicious Challenges - challenge No. 215 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) TRANSPORT
  3. Sweet Stampin' - July 17th challenge - CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  4. Colour Crazy - challenge No. 28 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
  5. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 410 - CELEBRATIONS .. the passing of ones driving test should definitely be cause to celebrate, shouldn't it?

Walking in the sunshine and topping up my vitamin D levels!!!

And hubby and I got involved in a community project at the weekend, clearing some brambles and nettles from the footpath local to home .... we went off at 09:00 on Saturday, hoping (but failing) to beat the heat! Spent some time with a hedge trimmer (hubby) and secateurs (me) clearing a path. Others came along after we'd left and carried on - can't wait to get back to see what got achieved during the day




9 comments:

Sarn said...

Perfect card for when he passes his test. Fingers crossed it's first time!

Very community spirited of you to volunteer to clear the local pathways - especially in that heat!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

I hope your surrogate grandson passes his test and if he does an excellent card from you as a celebration Kathy, looking great in red. Glad you managed your walk even though it has been eye wateringly hot, and how super of you and your hubby to help clear the pathway that had become overgrown. x

Tracey T said...

A great card with some fab stenciling on your background. Fingers crossed he passes his test first time! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

SarahR said...

Hi Kathy, perfect 'Passing your test' card - love the mini, it's the car I wanted when I passed my test many moons ago! Great background as well, which is perfect for our challenge this time at Sweet Stampin'.

You were very good to go out in this heat and help with community project, Brownie points earned I would think!

Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin this challenge.
Sarah R (Sweet Stampin DT).

Jinny said...

What a great masculine card, Kathy! Love the pop of color. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Sammy said...

That is a fab card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love your cards Kathy and the matching inside or envelope or both! The pop of red on this one is great with the fun background!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you join us again this week!

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a great card to have waiting if he passes. Of course, I ran a red light on my first test and that was embarrassing and I had to wait 12 days before I could go back. I better luck that time. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

N-Eva said...

What a darling card! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva