Morning readers,
Well, after avoiding Covid-19 for over 2½ years, the virus finally stopped at our place a little over a week ago, hitting me like a freight train with a combination of THE worst hangover (without having touched a drop) and the worst cold. I stayed in bed for days - thank HEAVENS my dear husband seemed to be immune. Then, just as I started to experience slight easing of my symptoms ... we discovered my hubby wasn't as immune as we'd thought, just a little more resilient! Thankfully, his symptoms have been less severe - though we have both had a wicked cough! However, we seem to be slowly emerging from it now and, hopefully, will have a slightly higher resistance as a result!
Anyhoo, if I often visit your blog and haven't .. now you know why, my apologies - I can only hope that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible - and I can hardly wait to get back to my ToC (Table of Craftiness) too. I even ordered some new stash, to kick start the creativity - will it work? We shall see
I've a make to share with you today ....... a little bit of fun to brighten the day, this cat is hilarious. I love an Artist Trading Coin and even an Artist Trading Card - just love the scale of them.
Materials used:
- Card in white and purple
- Nesting circle dies to cut my 2½" and 2¼" circles
- Tim Holtz hat image stamped twice, once on to a piece of Heffy Doodle re-positionable tape, which I then cut out to use as a mask, and cat image (both from THMM109) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Magenta image (23640-H) stamped 1st/2nd/3rd gen impressions using Versafine Clair charming pink and purple delight inks
- Using a makeup brush and Ranger Archival majestic violet ink I added a little colour around my white card panel, taking care not to ink over my stamped cat
- Sharpie and white gel pens used to colour my hat and Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my cat
- White gel pen used to doodle the dots on my purple base layer
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 26 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- TTCRD - July 5th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 619 - STAMP ACT
- SUYPC - challenge No. 79 - FURRYTHING GOES (MUST feature a cat/s)
- CraftyCatz - challenge No. 603 - ANYTHING GOES



7 comments:
Sorry to hear that Covid caught up with you and your hubby, hope you’ll soon be fully recovered.
Your Artist Trading Coin is just adorable. xx
Very cute and fun trading coin Kathy. Sorry you’ve not been well and glad you’re starting to feel a bit better … I’ve heard so many people the past 3 or 4 weeks who swerved it til now and it has landed on them .. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻Take care
Pauline x
Morning Kathy - glad to hear your and Mr K are feeling a wee bit better after the lurgey struck!
Despite not being a cat lover (especially since a neighbour's one is currently "using" our garden daily and I have to keep making trips to the "dog" bin down the road GRRRR) . . . I DO like this circular ATC.
Hope you continue to feel better xxx
Sorry the bug has bitten both you and your hubby Kathy and hope your recovery continues apace. This cat is a hoot and love the mix of purples and the fun hat you used, and a great background too. x
Love the look that cat's face, what a fun project! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.
Glad you are on the mend Kathy, as you know we suffered the same fate, but also hoping for a bit more immunity. Your cat coin has put a smile on my face :) xxx
a very nice trading coin, I hope you are both soon feeling much better, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly
Post a Comment