Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... a friend asked for some anniversary cards and I was quite shocked to discover that I only had three to offer her the choice of ... nothing for it but to crack on and make some more. I'd spotted an idea which took my fancy so ...... off I went. Sadly, this one didn't make the cut but, I really like it and will be very happy to keep it in my collection until I need to send an anniversary card.
I've a make to share with you today ....... a friend asked for some anniversary cards and I was quite shocked to discover that I only had three to offer her the choice of ... nothing for it but to crack on and make some more. I'd spotted an idea which took my fancy so ...... off I went. Sadly, this one didn't make the cut but, I really like it and will be very happy to keep it in my collection until I need to send an anniversary card.
![]() |
| My kitsch flamingo outlined heart |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Snippets of plain and patterned paper, cut in to narrow strips
- Snippets of card in white and red, for my sentiment panel
- Hero Arts sentiment (from CL.342 - 2013) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- I normally co-ordinate the reverse of my card, the insert and the envelope but (having used strips) that was going to be tricky so I used the negative of a Clearly Besotted heart stencil and Distress Oxide in kitsch flamingo, to add a heart outline to the stamped sentiment
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 498 - FINISH THE INSIDE
- Creative Inspiration - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
- Love to Craft - challenge No. 75 - ANYTHING GOES
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 550 - ANYTHING GOES
- Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday - July challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And, my inspiration? It came from a lady named Jackie McKnite on Facebook - I HOPE I've made it sufficiently different to not look like a straight copy, thanks for the inspiration Jackie, I hope you get to see it
And now for another card ... trying to get some anniversary cards made BEFORE I meet up with my pal, this coming week, and as previously mentioned she had asked for "a few". With only minimal "stock" for her to choose from (I like to give my "customers" choices, like you would in a card shop) I thought I should run up some more!. This one's using a sketch (I DO love a sketch) and a rather bright colour scheme .... hope you like it as much as I do, I shan't mind at all if my friend doesn't care for it. I sometimes overlook embossing folders because I'm a CAS (Clean And Simple) girl at heart and had forgotten quite how much I love this embossing folder.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and raspberry, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of card in white, pink/white chevron Designer paper and raspberry for my image panel
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz alterations scalloped embossing folder
- WRMK nesting banner and unbranded nesting circle dies - for my sentiment and image panel
- Sentiment (comprising elements from an unbranded set and Clearly Besotted "brush sentiments") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and purple delight inks
- Inkadinkado heart (from 97637) stamped on to my white snippet using Versafine Clair purple delight ink
- Using a makeup brush I applied Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia ink around my stamped heart
- Crystal stickles to add some sparkle to the heart
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- TGIF challenges - challenge No. 429 - SKETCH - see below
- Crafting Happiness - challenge No. 144 - ANYTHING GOES
- MAWTT - challenge No. 156 - WEDDING or ANNIVERSARY
- HLS - July DIES challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Can You Handle The Pressure - July 8th challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) STARS
I was lucky enough to be picked for their "Birthday Honours" over at Seize the Birthday for their "number crunching" challenge - thanks so much peeps, appreciate it.
And I am still enjoying both my walks and nature photography, isn't nature fabulous, especially when you get up close and personal?


















10 comments:
Two super anniversary cards. Great design on the first one, can understand why you wanted to CASE it.
Congrats on being a top pick.
Loving your photography.
Happy Saturday x
Two great cards Kathy ans love the pictures
Lilian
Two super designs, Kathy. I love the embossing folder you've used on your second card.
I had to smile when I read your post title. Yes, I did have plans for the weekend.... we did plan to be in Devon, walking along the coast with the sun on our backs. However, the weather had other ideas and we are at home watching the tennis on the television. 🤣 xx
A very effective design, looks great, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx
Two very pretty anniversary cards Kathy, and the strips of paper on the first look great, and love the bright pink chevrons as a background to the sparkly heart, and the embossing folder is a beauty! More great photos with some awesome close up shots of the flowers. x
Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Catherine x
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com
Your cards are wonderful, you have a great eye for color and design. Lots of great inspiration here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer
Kathy your card are fabulous. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT
What great design on each and such pretty nature photography!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
I like the design of both your cards. Wonderful projects. Thanks for joining the challenge st Love to Craft Challenge Blog.
Post a Comment