Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... an Artist Trading Card (3½" x 2½") which uses both Designer Paper AND loose glitter which is almost an unheard of combination (from me) these days! I also got to use a sentiment I've had stamped for YEARS and which has been positively LANGUISHING in my snippets box!! Oh and, before anyone mentions it .... I know it's not Monday - I'm famous for not really knowing what day it is, without first looking at my watch!
I've a make to share with you today ....... an Artist Trading Card (3½" x 2½") which uses both Designer Paper AND loose glitter which is almost an unheard of combination (from me) these days! I also got to use a sentiment I've had stamped for YEARS and which has been positively LANGUISHING in my snippets box!! Oh and, before anyone mentions it .... I know it's not Monday - I'm famous for not really knowing what day it is, without first looking at my watch!
![]() |
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Card in white and Designer red/gold patterned paper
- On the white snippet I stamped my Paper Artsy image (ZN08) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink and set aside to dry
- Taking my sheet with seriously snarky sentiments (VLV stamps) I trimmed the one I wanted, before edging with a black sharpie marker
- Sharpie pens used to colour my image
- Memento bamboo leaves ink applied (using a makeup brush) to the white snippet, taking care to avoid my image
- Tim Holtz stencil (THMM113) used add some background interest using the same brush and bamboo leaves ink
- Anita's dimensional gloss used to add gloss to his eyes and to adhere the Sparkle 'n Sprinkle loose glitter (interference violet .. you can take purple out of the girl but ...)
- Crystal stickles added to the little fella's hands - like he's about to chuck glitter at Monday!!!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- A Perfect Time To Craft - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafts Galore Encore - challenge No. 113 - ANYTHING GOES
- Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
- Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for a card, I don't seem to have made too many of these recently, having been concentrating mainly on ATC's but ..... this one kind of evolved and I'm in two minds about it - any thoughts?
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and blue linen effect for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets in white and blue linen effect, for my image panel
- Pink and Main "polaroid" die used twice, to cut one in white and one in blue
- TPC Studio boat image (from "Transportation") stamped using Versafine Clair paradise ink
- On my card front I applied Memento Paris Dusk to the lower portion of my card front before overlaying my Tim Holtz stencil (THMM113) and adding another layer of the blue ink. Without re-inking I added a little background colour to my boat image panel
- Creative Expressions letters (from "Alpha writing") stamped randomly, using Memento Paris dusk ink
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "mini calligraphy") stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- HLS - July BIRTHDAY challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Stamps & Fun + Creativity - challenge No. 436 - SUMMER or SEA
- Make My Monday - challenge No. 204 - BIRTHDAY
- Dream Valley - challenge No. 297 - USE DIES or PUNCHES
- 613 Avenue Create - July challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) NAUTICAL
I volunteer over at Challenges For Days where we maintain a list of challenges, published daily. We're looking to recruit a couple of volunteers and would love to hear from you if you feel you could spare up to an hour, once a week, to produce a list for us. All that's needed is a blogger and facebook account. If you are interested then either pop across to the blog and click on the link or send us an e-mail to: CFDinfo12@gmail.com - thank you in advance.









10 comments:
Great ATC with the fun sentiment.
Nothing wrong with the boat card. Looks fine to me. Perfect masculine make x
Thank you for joining in at MMM with this fabulous masculine card,the stamped alphabet makes a great background
Personally, Kathy, I love your little boat card! The layers and design of the front are darling, and I so admire how your little boat carries throughout the total design! Inside, envelope, so coordinated! Just super cute and well thought out! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!
That's a fun and quirky image on the ATC Kathy and I love the snarky sentiment and a very pretty dp, and then the card with that beautiful blue sail boat on the polaroid frame which looks great, and love the script and dots you added. x
Great card for a male -
Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT
KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT
The Card set is so pretty. I like the stamping background. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.
Goodness, Kathy! What's not to love about your wonderful nautical card?! I love the CAS design with just enough detail. Perfect!! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!
Fabulous Creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
~ Judy CT
Great sentiment! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Pam CT
Great ATC - love that sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Helen x
DT
Post a Comment