Friday, 7 July 2023

TGIF - the weekend starts today!

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... I have noticed a spate of "Christmas in July" challenges cropping up and it inspired me to make a Christmas card ... well, it WILL be here before we know it, at the rate the year is speeding by!

My C6 card
And a closer view of my image panel

My snippets
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and red, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippets of card in white and red Designer Paper for my image panel
  • Unbranded circles die + nesting plain and faux stitched circle dies
  • Make It Crafty "Cheery Santa" image stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks
  • Tim Holtz sentiment (from THMM155 - 2023) stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
  • Alcohol markers (Pro Marker and Copics) used to colour image
  • Crystal stickles to bling up my Santa!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Merry Little Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 51 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Pearly Sparkles - challenge No. 86 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  3. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 457 - USE SNIPPETS
  4. Peace on Earth - challenge No. 43 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  5. Inkspirational - challenge No. 293 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY


I was picked as a lucky winner over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity in June, thanks so much peeps - I've been in touch about my prize. 


Caught a couple of cracking sunsets recently, here's one I'd like to share, along with a cheeky squirrel who just wasn't phased by me photographing him! He (or she) almost seemed to stop and "pose" before cracking on, along the top of the fence panel!



This definitely was his "best" side!



10 comments:

Diane said...

What a fabulous card and image, great design, so fun!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Sarn said...

Superb festive make here! Love that jolly Santa. Really like the die cutting behind him too.

Thank you for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. See you on the swings later and a cocktail up in the Treehouse too! x

Pat said...

That is such a jolly Santa Kathy and some super added glitter too. I love the circle burst die cut from the background and the red used behind it looks great..love the red sentiment covered dp which frames the Santa perfectly and a lovely red stamped sentiment too. x

Pat said...

Sorry Kathy, I was interrupted and forgot to say congratulations on winning over at Lost Coast Portal, and great photos of the sunset and that cute squirrel. x

Gerrina said...

I love the joy that really pops of your card!
And what a beautiful squirrel! I just love these fast little creatures,,, Hugs, Gerrina

Di said...

Great card Kathy - what a Happy Chappy Santa is! Love the die cut you used - I have a NBUS one waiting for a first outing. You positioned it perfectly. That's a pretty squirrel too - they're so entertaining.

Hugs
Di xx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant and happy card, great design for our challenge.… Many thanks for entering and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie proud Designer for Peace on Earth Christmas challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Susan B said...

Such a fun Santa! Love the die cuts you used with him. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth challenge!

Gale said...

Love this card Kathy! Great design. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

cm said...

Your cheery Santa certainly brought a smile to my face! He's fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol