Saturday, 8 July 2023

Super Saturday - got plans?

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... I chuckled when I saw all of the beach/summer themed challenges about in blogland this week, since we have a severe weather warning of "life threatening" storms in effect until midnight tonight but, briefly, I felt pretty summery making this card!

My C6 card

And a closer view to better show my twinkling H2O's

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white and linen textured "sand" colour
  • Inkandinkado images and sentiments (from 60-30059 and 97521) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks 1st generation mostly but 2nd and 3rd gen impressions for my flock of seagulls!
  • Using a water brush I added some colour using Twinkling H2O's in sand dollar, mustard green and sweet lavender (I actually laid down some interference blue for my sea but it didn't show so chose to add lavender over the top)

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. LIM - challenge No. 487 - "B" is for BEACH
  2. Sisterhood of Crafters - June 28th challenge - BEACH
  3. Little Red Wagon - challenge No. 712 - SEVEN SEAS OF RYE (BEACH)
  4. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 498 - FINISH THE INSIDE
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 258 - ANYTHING GOES

Hubs went off to get some new tyres fitted, earlier this week, and I thought it would make a change to take my walk starting at a different point. My walk turned out better than his tyre fitting (they sent the wrong tyres!) and it was quite a nice day too ...

There USED to be a children's play fort/slide here until
some charming person (or persons) unknown thought it would
be a hoot to set the wooden structure alight 




14 comments:

Lynne said...

Snap! Great minds and all that. That one stamp says everything you need. Thanks for sharing with us at LIM x

Liz said...

Great CAS card, Kathy. I hadn't looked at the weather forecast for today.... I guess that the Golden Wedding Anniversary lunch we are going to today won't be held in their garden! xx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Oh wow, great way of your beachy card. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Gerrina said...

No big plans with the heat here...
But I like your card; it looks 'cool' in more than one way! Enjoy your weekend1

Tammy Fite said...

Great beach card!! I really like the seagulls flying by!!! Thanks for sharing at LIM!

Diane said...

Pretty and perfect CAS card! It is a rainy/cloudy day here today in Michigan and a little cool for July too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Sarn said...

Loving this very CAS and cool beach card. Nice to have a different route for your walk too. Shame about the pyromaniac! X

Christine said...


Great Beach card!!!

Vickie Y said...

Fun beach scene! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Pat said...

This is a great CAS design Kathy and perfect for the LIM Challenge, and I love that it is mainly monochrome with just a slight hint of colour...a wonderful card. x

Kate said...

Oh goodness! Such a shame about the play structure. I simply cannot understand some people...

Your card is fabulous! Such a lovely design with such a sense of peace about it.

Thanks for joining us for our “Seven Seas of Rhys” beach challenge at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

baileyrosy.com said...

You are certainly quick off the blocks when it comes to taking part at LIM and with another fabulous card I might add and so beautifully Cas.Thank you wants again for all of your support at LIM.

Marie

Cardsbymaaike said...

Well done on being the first to enter the B is for Beach challenge with your fabulous card

perfectly4med said...

Super CAS card - I especially like the shadow printing to get the depth in your seagull flock. As usual, I am awed by your matching stationery too! Thanks for joining us again at Less is More.
Neil