It is my turn to present a challenge on a private blog I belong to and below is the make I chose for it. I've gone with "TONAL STENCILLING" and/or "MONOCHROME" in case there are those who don't actually like stencilling but perhaps would prefer the flexibility of a monochrome colour scheme. I used just one colour of ink (dis-counting the black of the sentiment) for my background colour which I then used to stencil over the panel and also to ink my focal image .... I was lucky to have the neon pink matting card in my collection otherwise I would have had to stamp/stencil/colour the matting layers border myself too! Hope they like this theme and I hope you like my card too.
|And a closer view of my stencilled panel|
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two white card panels, cut to fit
- One neon pink card panel, cut to mat
- Using a rectangular die cut and a piece of card, cut to the same size as my image panel, I cut my mask and used washi tape to secure it in place before applying the fuchsia ink with my blending brush.
- With the mask still in place I placed the stencil over the coloured panel and applied more ink
- After removing the mask and stencil I stamped the image using the same ink - giving three tones of the identical colour
- JOFY sentiment stamped using black ink
- Stardust stickles used to bling up the image
|Paper Artsy JOFY14, Sunshine Designs CPSD078D image|
TCW stencil #TCW357S
Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia and Memento tuxedo black inks
- White 12½cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of dark brown card, cut to mat
- Using my die "stencil" taped in place with washi tape I applied the rich cocoa ink using the Aldi blending brush.
- Once I'd laid down the background colour I then applied the same colour through stencil #357 over the entire area then the chevrons from #603 and the lines from #313 before removing the homemade stencil.
- Kanban flora also stamped using the rich cocoa ink
- Sentiment stamped using tuxedo black ink
|Stampers Anonymous CMS155 - "Simple Sayings", KanBan Set 08 "Small fennel"|
TCW stencils: 313, 357 and 603
Memento inks: rich cocoa and tuxedo black